N.O.S.

Wow,somone with NOS in a jeep.Your now in my record book. :lol: Take a pic please,Id love to see it. :wink: Sully[addsig]

I know this posting is a couple of weeks old, but I came across a bolt on manifold for 92- on YJ, TJ, XJ, well anything with a 4.0. It replaced the intake manifold (with NOS nozzles), TB, Map sensor, and wiring, and came with bigger fuel lines, Nitrous lines, Bottle, Bottle heater, Fuel pump and computer re-program (did not state if it was a chip or new ecu)
Just thought I would tell ya![addsig]

I always thought that NOS stood of Nitris Oxide System. I realize that it is also a brand name, but you arent wrong to say "I put a NOS in my car". Oh, and more on that "I put a NOS on my car" notice that doesn't say "I put a NOS on my Jeep". When you are 4X4'ing you want low end, and nitris oxide gives you more top end, that is not what you want. So, I think that it is pretty pointlless to waste $600 on a nitrus oxide sustem when that money could be used for something usefull like a taller lift. Think about it. You want Torque, not Horsepower in a Jeep.
vavs[addsig]

Actually.. NOS, pronounced as a word, is the acronym for the brand name for Nitrous Oxide Systems, needless to say. But... N.O.S., pronounced "en oh ess" COULD be accepted as the generalized abreviation of nitrous oxide system. Yes, all systems utilizing nitrous oxide would be a "nitrous oxide system"... but only one can be acceptable to be called NOS (pronounced as a single word)[addsig]

The system I saw was sold by a company that was a dealer I believe, of the made they modified the manifolds, not to sure. But the tank was not NOS the company, they were from Nitrous Works, and I know NOS is short for nitrous-oxide system, perhaps I am too lazy to type the full word or even the chemical abbreviation[addsig]

Never mind if it's used for high end or low. Why would anyone want to abuse their engine with that stuff and shorten the life of it, after so many times burning so hot that unless you tons of $$ to blow it's just not worth it...............Bullet[addsig]

Back