N.O.S.

Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that puts mini mag rims on their lowered Jeep..... If I used NOS, I'd blow my tub to bits from the bumps and hits I get. Besides, I don't have the room for the canister. :evil: [addsig]

Ummmmmm I have two NOS systems in my Corvette if that counts! -Mike :-D [addsig]

Let me know the day you nos up that booger I will buy a plane ticket to see it go wild. To much fun a NOS jeep! Damit Boy what are you thinken! You have a stock motor in that puppy right. I can see it now getting all bogged down in a big ol deep mud hole then the NOS kicks in and you all up and floating on top like water bug. Scooten and throwing mud 75 or 80 feet in the air grinnen and waven to the crowd then the engin comes a part real hard and loud thick smoke and belleren sounds like a calf caught in a hail storm. Yes sir re bob I will buy a plane ticket to see that. I needed a good laugh thanks dude. tug :-D :lol: :-D :lol: :-D [addsig]

when i have the money i'll have a 304 with tbi and a sniper nos system you'll see! :-D :lol: :evil: [addsig]

Why not throw on a supercharger? It's a thought...for me...at least not now....but sometime in the future...hopefully soon.[addsig]

You got balls man... Biggin's. I agree with Tug... would be an honor watchin' you romp through the mud, then hit the little button on the shifter! :lol: I can only imagine the rooster tail of mud, grass, and anything else that gets caught in those treads of yours! Keep me posted to what you're doin'. GR93[addsig]

Well, get a health care provider on stand-by for the event.... :-O ;-) 7" of lift AND NOS...that has stability written all over it!! :-D [addsig]

I had a friend that had a 350 small block with supper pete (which is a small canister of NOS that bolts into the mainifold) I watched him do everything from bend his frame from the torque, to rip out a dana 60 rear end and a dana 44 front and strip the teeth out of his transmission, let alone go through three stage 3 clutches in about 6 months. So way the options I just recently bought a avenger super charger and with 35" I can smoke all 4 tires so you be my guest I can send you all the Information on this But super Pete is only about 50 % of the power you will put on a full NOS system.......................... :-? :-D :-? :roll: :-? [addsig]

now that i've heard your alls input i might rethink it or get a superchager :evil: with N.O.S.! :lol: :evil:

edited by: carriss, Feb 14, 2003 - 09:10 AM[addsig]

Now you are bringing me down man! I want to come and see the show LOL you promised well kinda promised either way I want to watch only from a safe place. Tug
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

You can have the window Tug... I'll be flirting with the stuardess :-D Peanuts anyone???

edited by: GreenReaper93, Feb 14, 2003 - 10:32 AM[addsig]

My dad had a supercharger on our 99 suburban.Headers,exhost,chip.The thing had like 500 hp.The only problem was the front end had to be rebuilt because the 4 wheel drive couldnt take the stress.The motor was also ready to blow once we got rid of it.It had a supercharger for 60,000 miles.Only used the 4wd like 5 times. later :wink: Sully[addsig]

I know i guy in a lifted tracker that's running nos, The guys uses it to fly over mud. He's part of a group that also has a lifted S-10 running a 350 and lots of nos, the guy can't keep axles on the damn thing!
:cool: [addsig]

With all this talk about 'NOS' and superchargers I thought I accidently logged onto a "Fast and the Furious" forum. :D :D

With all the money you would be putting into the nitrous, (NOS is a brand name) to set it up correctly and safely, you would have almost enough money to drop in a 350, if you are doing it yourself of course. Hmmm, if I had to choose between a stock motor running juice, or a 350 that had more power than the stock one w/ nitrous, obviously I would choose the 350. Trust me, once you hit that button the first time you will want to hit it alot. Also, even if you start with the smallest jet, you WILL want to put in a bigger one just to see what would happen. Another thing to keep in mind in that with a 350, the only thing you have to put in it is gas, you have to keep filling your bottle. At at around $35-40 a fill, you may want to keep your finger off that button.

Just a little suggestion, I have seen too many people bolt on nitrous and expect their motor to hold together. It will, but it is only a matter of time before something happens, and when it does, more than likely more things will be hurt or damaged than first thought-

-A little story to prove my point- A good friend of mine purchased a '94 Z28. This car came with a nitrous set-up in it already with a 125 horse jet in it. The kit was adjustable from 75-175. I told him not to run anything higher than the 125 because the stock motor cannot safely handle that much of a power hit w/out proper set-up. Well the time came that he decided to run the 175 shot at the track. His hole-shot was pretty good, shifted into 2nd and hit the button. After an earshattering metal on metal grinding sound his car was no longer moving. At first it was determined that he sheared the output shaft on the T-56 transmission. After much waiting for a new one of those he finally put it in only to discover that the transmission needed rebuilt and he had also shattered the rear-end as well. After those were replaced, there was a major vibration around 65 mph. The driveshaft was also twisted. Then, after all this we happened to notice that his rear axle was bent as well. Well, 4 grand later his car is moveable again and he has since taken out the nitrous system.

Moral of the story- leave the nitrous systems for Hollywood unless you know how to properly set it up and can run it safely. I have nothing against people running nitrous. If that is what you need to get where you are going fine. But there is an old saying that will remain true for some time-

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!![addsig]

Back