Need advice on installing Lift

daniel5455

Re: RE: hood shaking?

I have a 98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, 4 Cyl, Manual, No AC. I want to install a 1" body lift for now and later install the RE 3.5" Standard Kit. I went on summitracing.com and saw this 1" body kit PRA-PA-951. I want to know if anyone has installed one of these or similar? Do i need to buy other stuff for this kit like a bumper kit, etc. Would it look bad still with the stock tires. Any advice will help. I want to install this kit soon but dont want to buy it and take my car apart to find out that i need another part.

thanks

RE: 2002 TJ SE FOR SALE

You don't need anything else besides the body lift kit, and it'll look fine with stock tires. You won't hardly notice the difference.

Have you considered a 2" budget boost (coil spring spacers) for around $200?

with the 1inch BL you dont need to lenthen or reposition the t-case shifter or move the rad down..so there is no extra parts needed..and since your jeep is fairly new the body mount bolts shouldnt give you 2 much trouble... i would go with the spacer that bounty mentioned over the BL tho.

some questions about gear

Can you recommend a brand a part number if possible for the 2" boost. Also if i go that route do i need any extra parts.

thanks for the replies

Re: Comparing 2.5 litre TJ to 4.0 re: off-roading, performa

That Jeep has a 4.5 or a 5.5 long arm lift and I'm guessing 35" tires. You'll easily spend $3K for that setup, probably more.

If you are new to offroading, try the 2" budget boost for a while. It would be easy to do yourself, inexpensive, and will give you a little more ground clearance and room for 31 or maybe 32" tires. I would try that for a while, then when you are ready to move to larger tires you'll know more which route you want to go for a lift kit.

That Rubicon Express kit is a good one, it comes with new shocks and you can get it for $219 with free shipping here:
http://jeepinoutfitters.com/products.asp?ID=152

For another $20 you could upgrade to the DT3000 shocks if you want to. It's probably worth the extra $.

There are others on the market, shop around, but that's a pretty good deal and a good product.

RE: xbox live

cool thanks just purchased them from that site with the upgraded shocks. I also just purchased some American Racing 15" rims with 31" AT Bf Goodrich tires. Looking good so far. I want the 4 banger to have a little more power. Anything that i can so with out spending a lot of cash to give this jeep some more HP.

thanks again you all been very helpful..

4Bangers United forum? Great link there Bounty!

Search also for the cheap or free mods. You can turn your 15 gal tank into a 20 gal tank in 10 minutes, Remove the stock airflow restrictor, and so on...

RE: new jeeper w/dumb question

I ordered the RE7030 2" TJ Budget Boost from jeepinoutfitters.com and they emailed me stating "you will be getting the RE TwinTube shocks instead of the DT3000's. The TwinTubes are a gas charged shock and should be better than the DT3's." I seen on the site that they changed the description that these shocks come standard for the 219 price. (i hope they will reimburse me for the upgrade charge) Is this a better shock? what do you all think.

I wouldn't think the refund will be a problem, but it might be easier to call him instead. His name is Jason.

469-569-5663 between 9am and 9pm CST, Monday through Friday

Back