need help Rubicon Question

yelrubi16

RE: tailpipe replacement

i have a 2004 rubicon and i know that you can only engage the lockers in 4lo, and that is done as a safty percation because everyone like to sue people at a drop of a hat nowadays but does anyone have an overide kit for it, or has anyone figured out a way to get around it and one more question does it void the warrenty???? cause if it does i can just wait a few years to do it... thanks :evil:

Yeah there is a pretty easy fix to that... if I can find the link I'll post it. It has been discussed on this board before, did you search??? It has been a while so it may be hard to find.

which winch

which are better air or electric lockers or are they both equal??? should i forget about doing the upgrade and just save money to replace them with air ones, or are the stock one perfectly capible for the worst stuff i could get into???

RE: cam lifter and spring question...

Looks easy enough to me.

I'd say electric lockers are a little better, air lockers are prone to air leaks. No reason for you to change, though.

Re: RE: Overflow 88 Cherokee

yelrubi16 said:
which are better air or electric lockers or are they both equal??? should i forget about doing the upgrade and just save money to replace them with air ones, or are the stock one perfectly capible for the worst stuff i could get into???

Man, you got selectable lockers...stock!!!! Drive my little stock SE and you'll get a differnet opinion about your Rubi lockers! And Dana 44's front and rear!?!? Sorry, but I don't see the problem.

Re: RE: lockers on a YJ

If you are going to put money into your Rubi, don't waste it on different lockers. Their lockers work fine and yours probably are under warranty ;)

RE: Re: RE: need help

Also, keep in mind that electric lockers are prone to trouble as well - wiring, relays, servos, yatayatayata

RE: cam lifter and spring question...

thanks for all the help guys i think that im gonna try it... wish me luck but it will have to wait till next weekend cause im gonna go to uahriee (wrong spelling) with a buddy this weekend :)

Re: RE: lockers on a YJ

yelrubi16 said:
thanks for all the help guys i think that im gonna try it... wish me luck but it will have to wait till next weekend cause im gonna go to uahriee (wrong spelling) with a buddy this weekend :)

Uwharrie (correct spelling)!!!!!! Enjoy!! Great place - been there only once in mudwoman's YJ before I even got my Jeep! Wound up getting getting pulled off a high-center by an ATV :oops: :oops: . Nice trails. Wheel all day for $5 - can't beat it!

Back