Need help with Electric choke.

CJDan

I figured it out, no need for anymore help, you can delete if you want too

I am not to sure where or what wire goes to comes form the electric choke, i dont have a wire hooked up to it and need it because it would help me out alot and my car would not stall, If anyone could help me locate were the wire comes from and what else it needs to be connected to it would help alot. And i was wondering about ym distributor also, i cant find were that gets hooked up to, i have the ground wire, but then there is a wire that comes form the distributor and i cant seem to find what hooks up to that, i connected the distributor wire on my new wire harness to were i thought it had to go on the distributor but it got really hot and would melt if i kept it there any longer.

So my two questions are:
Where does the electric choke wire come from/connect too?
&
My distributor has a wire that i cant seem too hook up right, a thick wire that is supposed to connect to something?

Last edited:

1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo changed distributer,roto,n ing coil elec pump comes on engine turns over but won't start what do i check bnext

CJDAN:
The more INFO (year, model,ECT.) the better we can help.
An after market elect choke on one of my trucks is hooked up to a hot wire when the starter switch is in the run position, then to a resistor (any parts store), to the choke pin. The choke gets hot from the 12 volts (resistor slows down the time to full open).

MOJO69: Did it run before you changed anything? To check timing belt or chain remove dist. cap and see if the dist. turns as the engine rotates. Is there a electronic module? I do not have info on your year. good luck!

until you get the choke wire fixed, open your choke and put a twist tie around the rod so it stays open and doesn;t close on you

Back