Need some advise!!!!

Lawdawg1973

Hello all,

I'm a first timer on this site and need some much needed advise. I have a 04 Rubi and I presently have a 2" lift and I'm going to put a few things on it such as a 3.5" Rubicon Express Superflex lift kit, diff. skid plates, oil pan skid plates, steering box skid plate,adjustable track bar,steering stabalizer kit, extreme duty shocks, and some 33x12.50 Baja Claw Radials. My qusetions are 1) Do I need to put an adjustable track bar on the back. 2) The suspension kit from Rubicon Express calls for this: The installation of a slip yoke eliminator and CV driveshaft on the stock NP231 transfer case is recommended. The installation of a CV yoke and CV driveshaft on the stock Rubicon NP241 transfer case is recommended. Upper adjustable rear control arms are required for CV driveshaft use, and my question is do I need this extra stuff. I want to do everything that I need to do to my jeep so I handles good and if I don't need it well then there is no use in buying it....If anybody has put a 3.5 lift on a Rubi, can u give me your input on what u did. Last thing is, is there anything else that I need to do my jeep. Thanks for letting me explain all this, and I really look forward to chatting with all u jeep nuts..

im not 100% sure on this one because i have a yj, but i would bet you need an sye. most likely you could get away with not doing an sye on a standard 3.5" lift, but rubi express is so flexy that you might need one.

However, dont quote me on all of that, wait for some other posts from people who know for sure.

on another note, welcome to Jeepz. i hope we can all help.

I've put a 4.5" RE kit on a Rubi, didn't need the CV rear yoke and CV driveshaft. You will likely need adj. upper control arms to adjust your pinion angle. The adj. rear track bar is a better option than the bracket RE includes, unless you can get the track bar bracket for a non-CV rear driveline.

As for what else your jeep needs, what are you wanting it to do?

Thanks 4 the advise...seems everybody I talk to says the exact same thing u did...here is what I'm doing to my Rubi...warn diff. covers,warn oil pan skid plate, steering skid box, adj.front and rear track bars,emu shocks,steering stabalizer,33x12.5 Baja Claw radials,adj. rear upper control arm and a 3.5 rubi express suspension. I do alot of camping and I'm the kid of person that likes to go off road, I don't intentionally go out and tear up my rubi, but when I see a trail, I go 4 it and expect to take on any trail, so I just want to equip her with some good stuff. I think I have tought of everything to do to it, but the only thing is I'm still stuck on a good tire carrier for my spare 33....do u think it will fit on the back of the rubi without any problems without buying a tire carrier....anyway thanks 4 the advise and let me know if there is anything else u think I need to do.

Where are you located? The Claw radials suck in the mud and won't last long on the road. There are better tires out there. What kind of terrain do you see yourself wheelin in?

I live in Knoxville, Tn. and there is medium terrain, I've heard that the baja claw's were great, what have u heard, and what do u recommend.

TrXus are a better all-around tire, I've seen how Claws perform and they leave a lot to be desired in the mud. The TrXus would be a better choice for the Midwest.

a 33" tire might nee one of those extension brackets to fit, but that's alot of stress on the tailgate hinges. Get a bumper with a tire carrier and be done with it.

Back