never again!!!maybe?

freido

RE: Re: Jeep on Hogan

went out thursday night, buried jeep in a monster hole.has no business goin into.sucked water,mud into cold air intake straight into motor. took oil fill cap off saw nothin but white chunks where water mixed with oil.nottttt goooood jethro. all this could have have been avoided bya 260.00 snorkel.now probly cost about 2000 to 3000 to get fixed.believe me im dissapionted in myself what an idiot.i think its time to realize this jeep is not a canoe.i hope my"baby" will forgive me.water in transmission is the least of my problems at this point. anyone else ever get water,mud in motor. i knew i shoulda went to paragon this weekend. was too dissapointed to even take pictures. all i can say lesson learned, driver error. never realized how much i love this jeep till shes down. dont try this at home kids

RE: Re: RE: 2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

Did the engine sieze up, or will it still turn over?

If it turns over, pull the spark plugs.
Spray some WD-40 down into the cylinders.
Turn over the engine for a little bit.
Change the oil and filter.
repeat process above until there's no more water.

And make sure there's no water in you gas tank.

RE: What to do What to do

I've been real close to that but I soak my dist. first It's an AMC dist. in dront

TwistedCopper said:
Tough break man :(

Dont even try to turn it over with all that junk in there. Did you get it home?

Take the plugs out first and it is fine. That way it won't try and compress the water...which can't be done

Don't you think it would be better to drain the crankcase first? Put some new oil in there to mix with that crap and change the oil again after cranking? I agree with the method you described, but alot of that crap can be gotten out before even cranking the engine.

RE: Almost NEW Neoprene seatcovers

That's would work too. Either way you have to change the oil...And crank it over w/ the plugs out.

Alot of the time when you turn it over, water will shoot out where the spark pugs go. I just like to get that water out first, but either way will work.

yeah. i took one plug out but once we saw how bad it looked in the valves we didnt try anymore. it'll turn but of course wont start.well we got it pulled out of the hole but no way to tow it home till tomorrow about 30 miles awaycost about 100.00. my mechanic buddy said best thing for him to do is pull the motor,take apart,clean it 100%,and maybe at this time do some upgrades to the motor.hes a pretty smart mechanic.may take a couple of months to get this done though.definetly cheaperthan a garage.in the end there is a bright side to this,maybe we can make this 4 banger have as much hp as the 6cyl. and who knows where we'll end once we get started.let the fun begin. i will defeinitely keep you guys posted.thanx. believe me im still heart broken.

Body Mount Question

don't lose hope... it can and will (if you do it right) live again

I did the same thing. Pulled out the plugs, turned it over and shot all the water out the cylinders. Took off my socks and soaked up the water in the intake and let it sit over night. Put the plugs in next day and it fired up right away. This was almost 3 years ago now and it's still running just fine. I learned my lesson and invested in a snorkle. I'm gonna try to contact ARB to see if I can pick up another snorkle for the other side of the jeep from an Australian jeep which is right hand drive. This way I can have dual snorkles.

Back