New Guy needs a TJ lift

MrStevie

Hi guys, my name's Steve and i'm from So Cal. i'm new to the whole jeep scene seeing as i just bought my first Jeep 2 days ago. it's a 2005 Wrangler X. i love it, but it definitely needs a few things. i was looking at a rubicon express 2" budget spacer kit or the rough country 2.5" coil and shock lift kit. which of these do you recommend? and what is the max tire size you guys recommend for mostly highway and light offroading? i'm on a budget of $300 for the lift and this will be a daily driver for me, so comfort is a plus. thanks.

Go with the coil spacer lift for now, you can easily run 32" tires with it. Add a 1" body lift and you can clear 33" tires on a budget.

thanks guys, i'm actually leaning towards the rough country lift because it comes with new springs and i figure that would it be a better deal since it comes with new coils and shocks. how is the ride quality and the quality of the parts? i know i won't get great quality in my budget, but i'd like to get the best i can for that amount. are there any cons with the rough country? i know rubicon express is supposed to be a good company, i haven't heard much about rough country.

hey man. ive been researching the heck out of what lift kit to go with under that budget. I cant afford tires yet, so thats all ive been able to do, research. Anyway, for that price range the rough country is definitely my choice. They completely redesigned their kits from the old one that earned them the bad name. I dont have any personal experience but i have been reading reviews after reviews and everyone says thumbs up. i think i am going with the RC 3.25" lift (same as the 2.5 but with a .75" spacer and sway bar links for only $70 more). not 100% sure on that though cuz i am going with 32" tires. I think the reason the price is so cheap is just to get customers back, i dont think their product is that bad. idk though, i wish i had a personal review for you but thats the best i got right now. good luck man. if you wait a couple a months i should finally be lifted...
hopefully.

The only reason I recommend the coil spacer kit is because it's cheaper and most who install it eventually go up to a 4" spring kit anyway. Why waste the money on a 2.5" spring kit when a coil spacer kit will do the same thing?

As far as the RC lift the people that I know have it say they are great.The people that dont have it say they are junk.RC does run some great specials.There was one recently for 380,I know above the budget,but not by much also came with 1" body lift and disco sway bar links.

thanks for all the replies, guys. i think i might just go for the spacer lift because i'm sure i'll want to upgrade to the 4.5" lift. thanks for the advice and helping me decide which one to get.

yea, probably a good choice. im gonna have this lift for quite a while before/if i will be able to upgrade. if your gonna go bigger, spacers probably gonna be your best bet. good luck man, what size tires are you gonna go with?

right now i ended up getting 30" bfg m/t just because i got such a killer deal on them. i paid 350 for a set of 4 brand new. so as soon as i burn through these, i'll be looking into a 4" lift on 33's

good thread....I'm looking for a 2 inch lift for my 05 rubicon

thanks for the advice

Back