New model Jeep Wrangler to be pushed back a year

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the next model Jeep Wrangler won't be available until 2018 according to Allpar

"Today, Reuters wrote that Chrysler will delay the release of numerous new or updated vehicles, based on supplier leaks.

The Jeep Wrangler is to be pushed back a year, though the reason may have nothing to do with finances, as Reuters implies. The Wrangler was reportedly to have an aluminum body or independent suspension, but neither made it past testing, setting the program back."

They also go on to say that the Grand Cherokee redesign, Wagoneer launch, and Compass replacement have also been pushed back.

I'm really interested to see what they are going to do to it. I wish they would go backwards a little bit. The Jeep gets bigger and more complicated and more cushy with every model change. it's still a very capable vehicle, don't get me wrong, but it's just so different than the old CJ's. Change is good and I get that but I just wish they'd kept it simple. I know that none of that will happen and I'll probably be buying the next model when it comes out. My 13 year old daughter has already said I need to get a new one in a few years so she can have mine so the timing might just work out.

Back