New Wrangler Freedom Edition

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
2012-Jeep-Wrangler-Freedom-edition-flag.jpg

As a tribute to U.S. military members past and present, Jeep introduces the new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition. Based on the best-selling Wrangler Sport, the Freedom edition is available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Unlimited model. It is offered in three colors only: Deep Cherry Red, Bright White, and new True Blue that for 2012 is exclusive to the Wrangler Freedom edition model. Unique graphics include features a military-inspired star decal on the hood and rear quarter panels, along with an “Oscar Mike” (military jargon for “on the move”) fender badge.

Other special features include unique Mineral Gray-painted 17-inch alloy wheels borrowed from the Wrangler Rubicon, Mineral Gray-painted grille and front and rear bumper inserts, body-color wheel arches and side steps, black sidesteps with matching black tail lamp guards and a Mopar fuel fill door, and a Sunrider soft top with deep-tint rear windows.

Freedom edition interiors include black seats with rugged tectonic fabric, an “Oscar Mike” logo embroidered on the seat backs in silver stitching, French Silver accent stitching on the steering wheel, doors, seats and front arm rest, and “Quick Silver” accents on the front passenger grab handle, door pulls and dash vent rings. Finishing touches include Satin Chrome spokes on the leather-wrapped steering wheel and Mopar Slush Mats.

Other standard features include power windows and locks, remote keyless entry, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, and UConnect voice command and connectivity group.

The 2012 Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition is available now at Jeep dealers. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail price is $28,165 for Wrangler two-door models and $30,670 for Wrangler Unlimited four-door models.

For each Wrangler Freedom Edition sold, Jeep will donate $250 to a fund that will be split between the Fisher House Foundation and the I Support Foundation. Fisher House Foundation provides a “home away from home” for military families to be close to a loved one during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury, while the I Support Foundation provides resources to troops returning home – such as jobs and various healthcare needs – and issues grants to 40 charities that provide valuable services to U.S. veterans.

Chrysler also offers a $500 cash allowance to military members that may be applied toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Truck or FIAT vehicle. Eligible consumers include active military, active military reserve, retired military (honorable discharge and 20 years of service required), and retired military reserve (honorable discharge and 20 years of service required).

“The Jeep brand has a long, renowned history that began with its significant presence and success within the U.S. military,” said Mike Manley, Jeep CEO. “Jeep – and particularly the Wrangler – is the icon for capability and durability, and is a true symbol of American freedom. The new Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition is created in honor of Jeep’s one-of-a-kind history, and as a tribute to all of the brave men and women who have and continue to serve in the U.S. military.

“It is with both pride in our history and gratitude to all those who have served that we have chosen to donate $250 from each Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition to be divided between these important charitable organizations that benefit current and returning military members,” Manley added.

2012-Jeep-Wrangler-Freedom-edition-hood.jpg

2012-Jeep-Wrangler-Freedom-edition.jpg

2012-Jeep-Wrangler-Freedom-edition-mountain.jpg

00100065-0000-0000-0Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition Interior Large.jpg

Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition Large.jpg

From Allpar

i like the blue but the 250 bucks is kind of pinche, if you ask me. for such deep rooted history and all that stuff about the military, you would think they could donate a little more. and then they don;t even offer the 500 dollars to veterans, only active or retired military. most military are veterans who did not retire. we did our couple of years and moved out into the world and we never get any kind of support for our time.

shoot, i am an army civilian. i work with active duty guys and reserve guys all the time. i took the same oath that a military officer takes.

I find it strange that this new edition is a 2012 model when you can order currently order 2013s.

Nope, no typeo, I e-mailed Chrysler Customer Service about this edition and was told it is a 2012, but they are only making 1300 of them, and they are only going to select dealerships, which they didnot disclose! Here's the e-mail I received:

Thank you for your email regarding the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition.

The 2012 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Editions is a limited production run of 1,300 units produced and the production is tentatively scheduled to start as of mid-June. With that being said, we are expecting for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Editions to begin to arrive on Jeep dealerships' showroom floors for as early as the month of July. We would strongly advise for you to work with your preferred Jeep dealership to determine when they are anticipating a model within their showroom specifically.

The Freedom Edition package would include the following:

Exterior:
17" Sport Tire ? P255/75R17 OWL
Rubicon Mineral Gray painted Wheels
Mineral Gray painted Grille and Front / Rear Bumper Appliques
Soft Top (standard)
Body Color Flares and Side Steps
Black Fuel Filler Doors & Tail Lamp Guards
Available in Deep Cherry Red, Bright White, and True Blue
Oscar Mike hard badge
Hood and Rear Quarter Decals
True Blue Pull Ahead for 2012 Build Out
Deep Tint Sunscreen (Must Have Option)

Interior:
Mopar Slush Mats
Black Tectonic Seat Fabric with Embroidered Oscar Mike Logo and Silver stitching
French Stitch Silver Accent on Seat, Steering Wheel, Door Pulls and Floor Console Lid
Floor Console Lid C/O Vinyl Wrap with above accent stitching
Front Door Armrest - C/O Vinyl Wrap w/ above accent stitching
Instrument Panel Grab Handle with C/O Quick Silver Painted Accents
Door Grab Handle with Quick Silver Painted Accents (Front/Rear)
Steering Wheel Leather, with Satin Chrome Painted Accents, Silver Accent stitching
Vent Rings (4) with Quick Silver Painted Accents
Power Convenience Group ( Must Have Option)

If you wish to view the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition for yourself, please feel free to visit the following
link:

Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition | Jeep 4x4 | 2012 Jeep

Last edited:
Im sorry to say this about Jeep, I truly am, but this is just one more example of 'convienent patriatism' with a monetary agenda, we can appeal to the new fad of being patriotic and move some old units we cant sell, $75 in decals and a pittance of a 'donation' and the 'patriots' will eat it up. This is the truly sad heritage of September 11th.

I just found an inbound 2 Dr Freedom Edition with manual transmission, so I'm seriously considering selling my TJ and getting one. With USAA pricing I save $2800 off MSRP. Not sure what the Affiliate Program Saving would be through Tread Lightly, need to check that as well and see...

Attachments

• wrangler_hero.png
    wrangler_hero.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 531

Ok, now I'm confused. What's the difference between this and the Oscar Mike edition? And I thought the Oscar Mikes were only available to service members overseas? I swear I saw at least 2-3 OM editions at a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Troy, MI last week when I was car shopping. I've got to go sign some paperwork for the trade in on my old car this week, when I do, I can try to snap a pic if the OMs are still on the lot.

They are one and the same! I was initially told they were only available for military stationed overseas and was also told they only came in 4 door, but then contacted Chrysler Customer Service and was told this is a Limited Production Run of only 1300 units and they are available in 2 and 4 door. A local Jeep dealer has 6 of the Unlimited models on their lot and they have them in all three colors (the True Blue looks the best IMO), but did not have any 2 door models. I've managed to locate 1 2 door with the manual transmission, within a 25 mile radius of my house, so I'm considering pulling the trigger. There are current 7 two door models inbound to the Metro Atlanta area, but so far only one has the manual transmission...

I think the dealership in Troy had a 2 door in white, others were all Unlimited. Didn't check the trans options as I wasn't Jeep shopping. Good luck hunting brother.

Well, changed my mind on the Freedom Edition, we looked at a 4 door yesterday, and decided against it. First, it was a lot of money for what you're actually getting, and second my wife thought it looked to Army with the stars and I've been Air Force my whole career! They really should have offered it in Army Green, that would have looked awesome! Or, offered Blue with Air Force Logo, Green with Army Logo and with with Navy Logo, that would have been awesome!

Back