Nice price or crack pipe

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Today's "Nice price or crack pipe" at jalopnik is a 2010 Custom SEMA Show Jeep that's going for $70,000

this SEMA Jeep is a roundhouse kick to the senses, featuring wheels so big you could drive longhorns through the spokes, and pocked with enough lights to out-shine the rocket's red glare. Additionally, the actual headlamps are modified Infiniti Q45 units which look, appropriately enough, like Gatling guns. The litany of modifications made to this quattroporte Wrangler reads like a SEMAgasm, and includes Body Armor bumpers and doors that really butch it up, the the latter actually coming with riff-raff repelling spikes. Of course it's been jacked up, and the whole thing has been given a black and white paint scheme that surprisingly doesn't make it look like a cop car.

Inside, the stock seats - albeit custom tailored - sit amidst more special paintwork, and the white painted center stack is a perfect example of why Chrysler doesn't do this at the factory. Perhaps seeming a good idea at the time, it looks less attractive than the stock black plastic, and more like something out of a ‘70s sci-fi flick. Still, when you're this bad-ass looking, you don't sweat the small stuff.

Perhaps the one-off lift kit was installed before anybody got around to any engine mods, and by then it was just too damn high to reach, but regardless this Jeep sports the stock 3.8 V6 which is good for 205-bhp and 240 lb-ft of torque. Behind that is Chrysler's 4-speed automatic, a transmission choice that will free up your hands and legs for the spasms of joy that will invariably result from driving this beast.

You can see more and vote here:
For $70,000, What Would Chuck Norris Drive?

original (3).jpg

original (2).jpg

original.jpg

ugly... besides chuck norris has no need for a car lol

yeah a V6 is a little small for that price, what is it that makes it so special? just because the person who customized it spent alot on every part he put on?

i like this quote from the page "Nothing is more American than Jeep. Well, maybe a full-chest tattoo of Ronald Reagan and Jesus choking Bin Laden with the Stars and Stripes, but aside from that, Jeep is about as star spangled banner as you can get." lol

I'd take 70 $1000 dollar Jeep's...or just pay off my mortgage and say dynatrac hear I come for my gr. Cherokee....

Umm yeah. If I was ever in the position to dump 70 large into a Jeep... Don't think I'm going that route. Unless they threw in a neon light kit and spinning wheels, then I am totally in!

If i had 70 grand I would buy a rubicon, lift it, throw new wheels and tires, and use the extra 35 grand to spend on replacement parts when i broke them

Ugly is not the word for it...... Now we are building getto Jeeps??? I go to the SEMA show every year and seen some beautiful cars but this....???? 25 Gs the most. Then I can sell the stupid wheels that don't go with it, then the cheap looking roll cage or rack or what ever you call that thing.... I guess you get my point, I think is ugly.

WTF were they thinking?
Leave the "Pimp My Ride" to the import crap... DEFINATELY crack smokers.

yeah what is the point of that rack thing on top? jut a big light bar that wraps around? it would look a little better if there was a roof rack inste of nothingness

I saw this on the Scrambler forum. Down at the bottom of the page where you ask a question to the seller some one posted, "Are you Gay?" I about fell over.

The scarty thing is that some dumb SOB will pay that.......just to "pose" if nothing else. I wouldn't pay $70K for anything that didn't have a foundation and a little bit of land with it!

Back