No A/C

nubian

Hello all!
My '99 XJ has a leak somewhere in the system,after getting charged up it will blow cold air for a week before starting to subside. Cannot detect a leak anywhere even with leak detector. The only place I can't visually see is behind the dash. Do A/C lines run into the heater core. Any other options other than the complete removal of the dash.

nubian said:
Hello all!
My '99 XJ has a leak somewhere in the system,after getting charged up it will blow cold air for a week before starting to subside. Cannot detect a leak anywhere even with leak detector. The only place I can't visually see is behind the dash. Do A/C lines run into the heater core. Any other options other than the complete removal of the dash.

It must be a pretty good sized leak for it to subside after a week. I'd try that stop leak stuff or of you want to fix it try the leak detector stuff

nubian said:
Hello all!

hey! mine does the same thing and ive been to two different shops to get it looked at, both of em said "okay its fixed" it was cold for a week and went hot again BOTH times, i cant keep paying to get my a/c charged so ill just do it later this summer... summer... in florida... without a/c :/

florida i feel sorry for ya im in w.v and its hotter then hell here so i feel for ya. Anyway mine has leaked out also and an going to draw a vacume on it put a can of stop leak in mine 2 cans of r134 and a can of oil and see what happens.

Back