"No Bus"??

Jeeper99

Well, I've got a New "to me" electrical gremlin. Took the long way home and hit a few small mudholes I normally have to go through if ya know what I mean. :rolleyes: Went down the road a few hundred feet and All my gauges died, Airbag light and Check Engine light came on. Also have a "no buS" on the odometer:???: WTF?? Never seen that before. Headlights and gauge lights all work.

I was doing a search on the I-net but all I could find was possibly a loose connection on the back of the cluster? Could this just be a fuse?

Thanks for any help

Like you said, loose connection on back of cluster. A smack on the dash may fix it for a little while. You'll need to get in there and tighten it up for a real fix.

A "No Bus" means, No Communication. in this case, it would be the cluster. if it was the other modules, it would just turn on your SES lamp. if the SES lamp starts flashing constantly, the vehicle is more likely getting ready to shut down to avoid a catastrophic engine failure. Remove your instrument cluster and check all the terminals on the connector on both sides, Male and Female side. Check it for corrosion, spread terminals or pulled out terminal connectors.

It's a bad connection where the gauge cluster attaches to the wiring harness. Either live with it by giving the dash a good whack on the top, or pull it apart and fix it. I'd recommend bending the metal tabs in the connector slightly for better contact, coat with dialectic grease, then reassemble and secure with cable ties.

Alright, Thanks guys! I'm gonna pull it apart to fix it right. I appreciate the info!

Back