Not a big deal or pain in the garage?

M G D

I'm shopping for a 2.5 injected engine to rebuild and drop into my 94 YJ. I found one on Craigs List out of an 89 however the seller writes below that
"you would have to swap all your external parts onto the block and head as the computer and sensors are differnet".. my question to the forum is should I keep shopping for an ez swap that doesn't require swapping computer and sensors or is it not a big deal? I don't need any more of a project than I had in mind, I just want to put in a fresh motor and reasonalby be done. Thanks for your experiences and opinions.

M G D said:
I'm shopping for a 2.5 injected engine to rebuild and drop into my 94 YJ. I found one on Craigs List out of an 89 however the seller writes below that
"you would have to swap all your external parts onto the block and head as the computer and sensors are differnet".. my question to the forum is should I keep shopping for an ez swap that doesn't require swapping computer and sensors or is it not a big deal? I don't need any more of a project than I had in mind, I just want to put in a fresh motor and reasonalby be done. Thanks for your experiences and opinions.

Do you already have all the external parts and computer from your yj? I have dealed a lot on Craigslist and you will always find what your looking for. If you want an easy swap the best bet is to wait for what your looking for. But if you have all the external parts and computer I don't see why they wouldn't bolt right up as far as i know the 2.5 block is the same through out all the years but not 100% sure. Hope that helps good luck on your choice

My YJ is my daily driver so yes I have everythingto swap over however the "plan" was to rebuiild a complete matching engine that'd allow me to drop it in and be done. Then I was going to sell off the original either as is or after I rebuilt it with my son as a project. Maybe I will keep looking, thanks for you answer.

Back