not a good day at all

made in Japan

Actually Tug, all of those companies make their vehicles in the US and Canada (possibly Mexico too?). So in fact you are supporting your fellow American even if you buy a ricer. They're not American companies but they employ American workers. I'm not saying that we should only buy these makes but they are not all "imports" these days, its cheaper to build here than to send them over the Pacific. Even the European auto companies build in North America (VW, BMW, Volvo).

Anyhow, with that said, I'm off to the USC-Arizona State game.

Go Trojans!!!

geopig said:
made in Japan

Actually Tug, all of those companies make their vehicles in the US and Canada (possibly Mexico too?). So in fact you are supporting your fellow American even if you buy a ricer. They're not American companies but they employ American workers. I'm not saying that we should only buy these makes but they are not all "imports" these days, its cheaper to build here than to send them over the Pacific. Even the European auto companies build in North America (VW, BMW, Volvo).

That sounds good, and that's the Foreign car salesman's pitch, but fact is it is dead wrong.

The "final assembly" is here. These vehicles are made from a majority of parts from the country of origin. The engineering and many other facets of those automobiles are foriegn.

I know alot of american made vehicles have foreign parts, but the majority of them are made here and vehicles now have stickers saying what percentage are domestic.

Buying a truly American made car will do alot more for this country's economy and wrkers than buying a ricer or any other foriegn car be it a BMW, a Toyota, a Kia, or a Bently.

What's so bad about a day where you get to crush a ricer with your Jeep?

geopig said:
made in Japan

Anyhow, with that said, I'm off to the USC-Arizona State game.

Go Trojans!!!

Yea and the war in Iran is over WMD and all the other lies we are feed! I will just stick my first memtion on this subject. Who was that said if it looks like a duck and answers to Honda it is a Jap Ride... Pearl Harbor sucks just as bad as 911! Less we forget we will relive the past!!! tug

Pearl Harbor sucks just as bad as 911! Less we forget we will relive the past!!!

Niiiice quote. I agree. Japan might be seen as our friend now, but 1941 wasn't that long ago. They cheered our destruction at Pearl Harbor just as much as anyone in the middle east did on 9/11. Not that we should form our relationships with modern Japan(which we built) solely on the events that happened at Pearl Harbor.......we just shouldn't forget either, even when getting a good deal on a new car or TV.

Consider your self very lucky! My first YJ did the same thing (and this was before there was a recall, so I was found at fault)

But..
My YJ rolled about two football fields away and hit a house and was totalled!

Check out the pics,
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

and I loved that Jeep!

Back