Not Another Lift Question?!!

jeremyn

'fraid so. I try to keep tabs on the posts here and I have been going back through several months worth to look at lift recommendations. I see the Pro Comp's, Rubicon Express most often and maybe an OME or Rough Country. How about some of the other folks out there - anybody running Rancho or Black Diamond/Warn or Skyjacker? What are the opinions of these lifts as far as what you get for the money.

I am getting a new lift for my 83 CJ7 because the current setup is not too good. I bought it with an approx 3" lift(using 8" long shackles and worn stock springs). The 33" tires stuff up into the fender and the steering feels sloppy on the road. I think it is because of the long shackles letting things move around a bit too much.

I shouldn't say it - in light of other posts, but I only want enough lift to run the 33's.
Thanks all [addsig]

If I were set on running 33's and had the money I really think Rubicon Express would be my choice. Just add shocks and go! the SOA has my attention as well but really has me spooked when it comes to doing it right and getting the steering set up again. I hate the planing for a lift and wish I did not have the need to do so. I change my mind with every artical I read. I may seem wishy washie about this lift thing but I am one to really dive into a deal before I start turning bolts and cutting stuff off the Jeep. tug[addsig]

I also have been looking into the Rubicon Express 4" lift. I have heard a bunch of good stuff about it. Has anyone here installed one themselves? How difficult is it? The one main difference between this lift and all the others out there is that it uses a shackle conversion kit so that you can use 2.5" leafs instead of the stock 2"ers. Does this require welding? Are there any other major differences between this lift and all the others out there?[addsig]

i'd stay away from procomp... i hear they're really stiff and uncomfortable... and don't flex well.[addsig]

Back