Off topic: Know any soldiers or anyone overseas?

BostonJeep

RE: 90 Stock tran

I had this idea for a website to keep soldiers overseas connected with their friends and family at home, so i worked hard this weekend and put it all together.

I bring to you:

http://www.TheSoldierConnection.com

This is newly started, only been live since tuesday.

On the home page, we will display stories about our soldiers around the world and also news about different military branches. These articles will be found by our admins but also can be submitted by registered users. After submission, the articles can be commented on directly, or discussed in our Forums.

For soldiers who use this website, there is also an online Journal. Here they can keep track of there time spent overseas, and at the same time keep their families and friends updated on any news(this news can be kept public or private). Friends and family can also reply to these entries by leaving comments directly on each journal entry.

So if you know anyone else overseas, pass this link along! Or if you actively watching the internet news for war stories and find a one to submit, come on by my site!

Also, Let me know what ya think.

PS- this isnt just a shameless plug for hits, i built this site specifically for my one friend who is over there right now. I made some forums for him earlier in the year, but figured I could take this one step further. He thinks its a great idea and is going to spread the word to his buddies.

Thanks in advance for the feedback-

CRAP Fuel sender unit!

Awesome site. Always nice to see people doing things for our brave soldiers.

Stock CJ-7 Rear Seat

Here's another pat on the back for you!

There several groups in my area that are trying to do all these different things in the name of supporting our troops. That's a good thing, it's just that some of the things they are coming up with just plain suck.

Yours is a very good idea, and I appreciate you doing this. I'll pass the word along.

Do you have any conservative talk radio stations in your area? The two that we have are more than willing to give mic time to people who do things like this. There is a guy here locally that started a service where he goes around building access ramps and handicap conversions on the homes of returning injured soldiers, and he does it for free.....while neglecting his own business in order to be able to do this great thing. He almost had to quit until he got on the morning show at one of the talk stations......then the donations started coming in.

Yuppers, pretty good deal. I know a few soldiers over there now. Hard to believe that just a few years back they were playing on the little league team I coached, and were in the church youth group I led. Dang, they're just kids!!!

Bring the boys back home!!!!!

RE: Pics of my XJ-Testing my new Digital Camera

That's a great idea unfortunately I can say for sure that a lot of the soldiers over there don't have access to websites off of the .mil domain. They do have an Army Knowledge Online site that they can communicate with their families thru. It's government approved so they don't have to worry about info getting in the wrong hands. I'm pretty sure each branch of the service has a similar site. Thanks for thinking of us though. That's one of the reasons why I'm still a soldier. I love to see the way everyone at home thinks of us and all the extra stuff that is done for you just because you're a soldier. I know it wasn't always this way.

Back