Officer Harrasses Kids on Skateboards

mingez

[YT="Baltimore Cop"]9GgWrV8TcUc[/YT]

Normally I'd side on the side of the cop in such incidences, but he was way out of line. He needs to grow up and not abuse his authority. The DUDE's an idiot....clearly.

EDIT:
**** I should have mentioned that there's some cursing (I think) in the vids when he screams at the boys...so be careful.****

A Baltimore police officer was suspended yesterday after a YouTube video surfaced on the Internet showing him berating and manhandling a teenage skateboarder at the Inner Harbor.

On the video, the officer, Salvatore Rivieri, puts the boy in a headlock, pushes him to the ground, questions his upbringing, threatens to "smack" him and repeatedly accuses the youngster of showing disrespect because the youth refers to the officer as "man" and "dude."

Inner Harbor incident hits Internet -- baltimoresun.com

Last edited:

Jeez, this guy has problems. What a jerk. Someone's compensating...

[YT="Rivieri 2nd incident"]orYNzdwb7b4[/YT]

Not saying this officer handled things well...but I can understand someone "snapping" having to listen to disrespectful crap all day...everyday!

I know I couldn't do that job! I was brought up with manners and respect for elders (even when they didn't deserve it at times).

I'm lucky I wasn't there, me and my big mouth would have been beat down

He's just mad he has to ride around in that little dumb car instead of a REAL squad car!

Yeah, sadly, he's only hurting other respectful cops by perpetuating the notion that cops abuse their authority. PR is important for any police department...especially Baltimore's Police Dept., who have been accused plenty of abusing innocent inner city folks who happen to live in high crime areas.

I live in Baltimore and have heard quite a bit about this, and I just want to make sure everyone does understand that the kids in this video ARE NOT INNOCENT. They were willingly breaking the law at the time the incident transpired. Not saying that this completely excuses the officer's actions by any means, but that seems to be forgotten in a lot of the discussions I've encountered on the issue.

I live in Baltimore and have heard quite a bit about this, and I just want to make sure everyone does understand that the kids in this video ARE NOT INNOCENT. They were willingly breaking the law at the time the incident transpired. Not saying that this completely excuses the officer's actions by any means, but that seems to be forgotten in a lot of the discussions I've encountered on the issue.

Agreed. However, I don't think anyone's under the impression that the boys might not be guilty of some wrong doing, and to be fair, there are levels of transgression. And illegal skateboarding is right there in league with loitering or speeding. But unless something's come out more recently than the most current story on the Baltimore Sun, that's all conjecture. Has anything else come to light? Last I heard, they didn't even know who the boy was? And yet, still Rivieri has no comment...that implies he knew he was wrong in my mind. It's not like the kid is pursuing a suit (something he could easily do)

From what I understand, he was engaging the youths because they were skating in an area in which it isn't allowed. However, this doesn't (as you said) excuse him for assaulting the kid. And it's apparent that "Law" wasn't the issue as far as Rivieri was concerned.

Illegal skating by kids gets trumped by police assault. It not only doesn't completely excuse his actions, but it doesn't excuse his actions at all.

He's just an ass.

What the kids were doing was illegal. The way they were treated isn't appropriate for what they were doing. The office had no right to grab that kid around the neck and throw him to the ground, the kid was posing no threat to him and shouldn't have been treated as if he was. Is it appropriate to pop a 14 yr old kid for not having perfect manners? Hell no it's not. That cop needs to be let go.

with the skaters it seemed like they were punks and the cop had somewhat of a reason to be upset but he handled it all wrong, and then with the second video, he just seemed like a complete turd.

All you skater punks don't know me. I was he11 on wheels back in the day. I had a Redline BMX bike and a Kuwahara Freestyle bike. Got an old dusty GT mtn bike that looks real nice hanging up in the garage. Don't make me bust out a Miami Hopper on ya.
Mingez-I bet your not even cool enough to be a skater. Your probably one of those roller blade dorks.

I had a yellow Kuwahara Bravo with ACS 48 spoke wheels, a gyro, foot pegs and dice valve stem caps. It was one sweet ride.
They still pop up on E-bay. My mom donated my bikes to a church sale when I moved off to college.

........My mom donated my bikes to a church sale when I moved off to college.

A "Bad-Arse" BMX-er and you went to college?!?!?!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well then, perhaps there's hope for that "evil", "lawbreaking", 14 year-old skateboarder!!

Yeah, the kid in the vid was a "typical" 14-year old.........dang!! I remember being 14 once!!!! And I was a dumb-arse, too!!!! That cop definitely has some "power" issues........confirmed (to me) when I clicked on the second vid. I can't imagine the Jeepz's law enforcement members acting like that.

If mudwoman was that kid's mom, I'd have love to seen a vid of the cell phone call (cop talking to mom)!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Trust me, she can hold her own!!!

Last edited:
I miss my bike...

Attachments

• sam vert carve.jpg
    sam vert carve.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 195
  • sam ch pipe.jpg
    sam ch pipe.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 237
  • sam fuf.jpg
    sam fuf.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 238

All you skater punks don't know me. I was he11 on wheels back in the day. I had a Redline BMX bike and a Kuwahara Freestyle bike. Got an old dusty GT mtn bike that looks real nice hanging up in the garage. Don't make me bust out a Miami Hopper on ya.
Mingez-I bet your not even cool enough to be a skater. Your probably one of those roller blade dorks.

Cool enough to know the difference between "your" and "you're." :bootyshake:

Back