Officer Harrasses Kids on Skateboards

For the record, I was a Skater AND a BMXer. I had a Diamond Back Silver Steak (still the best bike ever) and between broke too many boards to count. First one was a Santa Cruz Special Edition, last was a Powell Peralta Guerro. Roller Blades hadn't even come out until way after I was done with skating. (My skating and Freestyle BMX days were between 82-89 am I older than you Red?)

But then I discovered Football and Girls...

Now I ride a fixed gear:
2227478294_bb977aeb0f-1.jpg

and of course, I mountain bike as required by Denver law.

Last edited:
I skate, on Tony Hawk Pro Skater!!! I tried back when I was 12 (6 years ago), then I moved on to biking and then blading due to roller hockey, which I still prefer today.

For the record, I was a Skater AND a BMXer. I had a Diamond Back Silver Steak (still the best bike ever) and between broke too many boards to count. First one was a Santa Cruz Special Edition, last was a Powell Peralta Guerro. Roller Blades hadn't even come out until way after I was done with skating. (My skating and Freestyle BMX days were between 82-89 am I older than you Red?)

But then I discovered Football and Girls...

Now I ride a fixed gear:
2227478294_bb977aeb0f-1.jpg

and of course, I mountain bike as required by Denver law.

All you weird kids and your fixed gears. Actually I want one. They look cool.

That officer is as good as unemployed.

To think, BCPD turned down a friend of mine because of his recreational drug use over 15 years ago (Marijuana). This dude consistantly made the dean's list at Towson State when getting his criminal justice degree ( with honors) and he is in great shape. The guy is a marksman and minored in Psych and sociology.

But he smoked some dope in high school so instead they they hired that tool and others like him.

I see that's all working out really well for them :roll:

I had a Diamond Back Silver Steak (still the best bike ever) and between broke too many boards to count. (My skating and Freestyle BMX days were between 82-89 am I older than you Red?)
Don't grammar check me, Mingez. That first sentence doesn't even make sense.
I don't think you are older than me. I'm 35.

Unfortunately, sometimes both officers of the law and those who transgress against the law can be flip sides of the same coin.

I know that some representatives of the law can forget their training in a perceived situation. Sometimes, children can take their teenage angst out against a police officer. Cooler heads need to prevail against letting situations escalate.

When I was 16, I was with a bunch of friends in Downtown Denver. I crossed a street in the middle of the block. I heard a siren warble and a flash of lights. A policeman had seen me. He gained control over me, hand cuffed me and sat me in the back of his car. I was polite. My friends were down the street a little laughing at my misfortune. The officer was polite but firm. He talked to me, definitely scared me and let me go. He was not unnecessarily rough and I tried to be cooperative. I don't jaywalk much anymore.

I just wonder what impression that officer left on that kid. How will that kid think about police in the future? His will be a different outcome due to the YouTube video, but it may have been much different. He did break the law. I also wonder what impression the office left on visitors to Baltimore on those days.

Back