Oh Dear.

SteelHeadz

Super Moderator
The First Pic was a Red Stag Shot 15mins. after we set out to look for them. the Second Pic is at the Days end of the Hunt.

Attachments

• P0001314.JPG
    P0001314.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 67
  • P0001324.JPG
    P0001324.JPG
    635.7 KB · Views: 60

Thats awsome, good job. What did you guys use to harvest em with?

Nice. Red stag, huh? sort of looks like a cross between an Elk and a Mule deer. Are red stag mostly in Texas?

Nice. Red stag, huh? sort of looks like a cross between an Elk and a Mule deer. Are red stag mostly in Texas?
Red Stags A.K.A. Red Deer, was from the United Kingdom, hunted by the Royalties and the Elites. Later was introduced here in the U.S... and yes, they will cross breed if your not careful while they are in captivity.

Great looking Stag!! Those things are monsters! Congrats on the succesful harvest! :beer:

Hell ya. Have .30-06, will travel :twisted:
Then what y'a waiting for, C'mon down!! You can have 2 Axis Does for free but those trophy bucks are reserved for our clients.. Bring a big ice chest unless you want the Meat processors to cut and ship your Meat to you. or i can quarter it up for you. Bring yourself and clothes, i'll take care of the lodging.. if you bring your Jeep, we can go wheeling as well in between the hunt.

Deer hunt and some wheeling in Texas...thats a great offer! Heard there was great wheeling around San Austin area.
What is the dressed weight on a avg Red Deer?

But I have to admit I shoot a 300 Win mag...(old, lazy man, who docent climb hills anymore, gun)

Deer hunt and some wheeling in Texas...thats a great offer! Heard there was great wheeling around San Austin area.
What is the dressed weight on a avg Red Deer?

But I have to admit I shoot a 300 Win mag...(old, lazy man, who docent climb hills anymore, gun)
There's a place in Mason, Texas called Katemcy. It's a really good place to go wheeling in. some trails requires a winch. they have big Limestone rocks that can be challenging if you dont know what your doing. A fellow jeeper here owns a nice size property that has a descent size Hill. i call it a mountain. anyways, there's 3 trails that leads to the top, The Good ,The Bad and The ugly. i can go up on the Good and The Bad, but the Ugly requires a Locker.:( A dressed out Red stag is around 310-320Lbs. that depends on how mature the deer is. these ones on the pic, the old one is a 5 yr old and the younger one is 3-3 1/2 yrs. old.
There's nothing wrong with a 300 Winchester Mag. from my experience, it tears a lot of the deer meat. I like the .30-06. i can reach out up to 350yds with confidence.

Last edited:

:rolleyes: trophy buck
Don't get me wrong, my bud and I go for black tail along the Lukiamute, but we only fill our tags for food, so normally go for a head shot. With a 7mm Mag it's quick and easy from the boat, best part is, the deer are eating apple and pears from the orchards alongside the river.

Question, you don't happen to have a set of small non matching shed antlers? Looking to make a b!tch!n hat rack?

Question, you don't happen to have a set of small non matching shed antlers? Looking to make a b!tch!n hat rack?

What size are you looking for?. I have a few skulls in the backyard with antlers on them and i have a few laying around from the drops when they shed.

Thanks! Any size really, not looking to score them, just akiller hat rack, no joke. I just spent 3 years renovation my house and I got my bar area in the basement for myself, a set of antler to hang acouple hats on would be perfect. No need for the entire skull, might creep out my daughter.

Let me know.

Back