Oil problem I-6 4.0

Big Island Bump

My air filter tube and K&N filter are getting oil in them. I have tried blowing out the line from the PCV valve and if this works it is only for a short time. if the line clogs does the oil get sucked in from the vent at the front of the valve cover? I want to install an AEM that I picked up for it but would like to solve this problem first. Any help would be appreciated.

Find the tube from the airbox to the valve cover, pull it off at the airbox end. Does this tube have vacuum, sucking into the valve cover?

Bounty Hunter,
Yes there is good suction from this tube, I also cleared the line from the PCV to the intake. I don't know if it makes any differance but I have removed the stock airbox and put a K&N filter directly on the air intake tube.

Not the 4.0 liter expert, but my 93 Grand did that the whole time I owned it. I have also heard alot of others with the same issue. I think it is just natural to that engine, but you could change the PCV valve and see if that helps.

Mine does the same thing, it sucks. That little 1/8" hose gets clogged very easily with oil.

Bounty Hunter,
Yes there is good suction from this tube, I also cleared the line from the PCV to the intake. I don't know if it makes any differance but I have removed the stock airbox and put a K&N filter directly on the air intake tube.

What did you do with the hose coming from the pcv/ccv and valve cover? Do you just leave it hanging or block it off? I am going to put a K&N cone filter directly on the air hose too and just wanted to know. Thanks!

Back