old man emu xj lift

y2kxj

I have a 2000 XJ that I am considering putting an old man emu lift kit on. Is there anyone out there that has used thier products that can let me know how it was to install and if you were satisfied with the products. I am looking at: frt coils, leaf springs, steering stabalizer, nitro shocks, and the transfer case drop. The vendor has recommended using the stock bushings. This lift will apparently give me 2-1/2" of lift allowing for the 31"X10-1/2" I want. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Don't know much about OME, I just installed a kit from Rusty's Offroad. Haven't driven on it much though. Also, I've heard of vibration problems in newer cherokees after a lift is installed, so you may need a transfer case lowering kit too. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

meeting jeepers or even jeepz.comers

Yeah, I was also looking at putting a 3" lift on my 2000 XJ and only heard great things about OME. Let me know how it goes when you get it done. :D

I have OME Rear springs (3" lift) They ride really nice on the road, and flex nicely off road. Worth every penny. They only make 2.5" coil springs so, if your happy with 2.5" of lift then get this kit. Rubicon express has about the same reputation as OME.

I have the OME rear leafs. I love em, and put 1.5" shackles on them too. Ride is great and it is great on the trails. The trails I hit are pretty extreame and they are great on them. No complaints at all from me.
If I had to buy again and wanted to do a 3" lift OME is what I would buy.

SWAPPING DASHBOARD

Thanks for everyones input. Everything I have seen on OME has been positive, I am ordering the kit on Monday. I will re-post when it is done and let everyone know how it works out. The next thing will be tires. 31" BFG's A/T, Bridgestone Duellers or something by Good Year. Any Comments?

attention NYC AREA...

i read about theses new Kuhmo Mud Terrains- a mag tested them- they tried to slice them open, put nails in them, ride them with too much pressure. they even messed up the wheels on their jeep(1980 sumthing cj i believe) . the last article they wrote was when the tires were 10,000 miles old and still perfect. they are a mud tire, however they do not have the traditional mud tire "highway hum."

I will have to look into those tires. Any info on where to find that article?

i don't know where the review is unfortunatelly
i may have the site saved on my other comp so ill check back later.. but kuhmo has a website which u can check out.. yahoo has it listed if u search for kuhmo tires

studmanken, The OME lift went good I broke the rear shock mount bolts, but other than that OK. Just ordered my new tires, 255 BFG A/T's.

Back