On board air

firestarter

Hey guys,

So I'm looking into getting an on-board air setup and am wondering what others are running? I'm probably asking too much but ultimately I'd like to get a setup that can be used for:

- Tires
- Locker(s)
- Air Tools (would be nice to have a portable one for a number of cases)
- <insert another useful application that I can't think of at the moment>

What's the advantage of having a permanent one under the hood vs. a removable one (space)?

Thanks in advance,

I personally carry a 20lb bottle of CO2 which has around 5000psi when full and 2500 when almost empty. I can refill about 50 or so tires and reset beads as well as run tools. On the other end of the spectrum we set up the ac compressor on my old ZJ that my cousin wheels now with a 5 gallon tank and as long as the motor is running you can run an impact, fill tires and what ever you need.

i too use a co2 tank, its awsome! i run my arb air locker, air tools, can blast tires on the rim. the set up im using is like the power tank setup, only ive scavenged my own parts. i got the co2 bottle its self from a freind who works for a certain cola company for 40 bucks, got the regulator off of e-bay, then done the various plumbing myself, of course i painted the tank to make it pretty, and use an old nitro bottle mounting bracket, and shazam awsome air. now ive seen some nice onboard compressors, but any thing over 36"s and the compressor is running constantly,and are limited in their blasting abilitys. the only cons ive found with co2 is that the tank cant be laid horizontaly, it has to be mounted up right at a slight angle, other wise the regulator will freeze up, but thats a small trade for power on demand

@ worme: Do you have any pics of your pluming handy work? I'd love to see how you've setup the tanks with the locker.

Back