Opinions on Skyjacker dual rate springs?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
My buddies say that my TJ rides rough, and while I don't disagree, it seems similar to all the other Jeeps I've owned (CJs and YJs). I currently run Rough Country 2.5" springs that I bought somewhere around 2012.

I'm thinking about getting some Skyjacker 2.5" dual rate springs. In theory, these dual rate springs should handle bumps better than the single rate Rough Country springs that I have now.

What do you guys think, are these quality springs that may soften the ride a bit? Any other brand that I should look at, in the same price range?

skyjacker-spring.png

skyjacker-spring2.png

Skyjacker is free shipping with 15% off right now

I was looking at Savvy as well - I have their control arms and love them. They are quite a bit more than the Skyjacker.

savvy.png

I have some setting in my garage that are going on my wife?s TJ. I will let you know how they ride. It will be a few weeks before I get them installed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Best ride spring is OME. Old man emu.

Rough country are/were dual rate. Likely relaxed over time.

There are 2-3 things to consider one is spring rate. The other is the taller you go the more each bounce si sent to the frame from the angle of control arms.
Another is shock dampening. Stiff spring and shock ?

Talk to the guys at OME

Also check clearance to the bump-stop when loaded.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Best ride spring is OME. Old man emu.

I've heard that as well, and did some investigating on their website. I was surprised to learn that ARB owns OME.
It looks like OME makes 2" lift coils, with the primary difference being the weight rating for the rear springs - 140 , 160, 216, or 250 lbs.

I'll have to think some more on this. I went for a ride on the interstate yesterday, and the ride felt fine to me on my existing suspension.

Put 2-3 more 220 lb guys in there and tell me you didn?t use the bumpstop.

Put 2-3 more 220 lb guys in there and tell me you didn?t use the bumpstop.

You've totally got me there. The only time I get complaints are when I've got 3 or more people in my Jeep, and 220 is probably spot on.

Last edited:

Drink lite beer
Impress the bras not the bros

Last edited:
Its like adding a heavy front bumper and winch then wonder why the jeep gas so much rake.

So if you work with OME they will ask what weight you have snd plan snd people then suggest the spring rate you need.

If you set it up empty weight then add all this gear you could guarantee you will drag a$$ and bottom out on the trail. But stiffness comes with the cost of rougher ride.

After going for a couple of rides by myself I've decided this isn't a problem.

I go offroading twice a year, and I'm just going to tell the boys to deal with it.

That was a good catch on the bump stops. I never thought about that.

After going for a couple of rides by myself I've decided this isn't a problem.

I go offroading twice a year, and I'm just going to tell the boys to deal with it.

That was a good catch on the bump stops. I never thought about that.

Give them one of these seat cushions when they complain.

Safari style:
Image1701478744.012131.jpg

If you don?t get it immediately get some help.

Back