options for my sahara

hoops

so i'm new to the jeep family, currently am ordering a sahara 4dr, any thoughts on pros vs cons of the leather seat package, i have leather in my convertible, and love it, but its hot in the summer time, but its also black, does anybody have the saddle leather? also, snowy canadian driving in winter, does the bridgestones that come standard (18") cover me or are they strictly a summer tire or a compromise for both? any help?

I'm not one for leather especially in a jeep ,Brigestones I would not touch them cause they wear way to fast,
I recommend a nice BFG A/T or M/T but that's me , another good tire is the
Cooper M/T s are a little cheaper than the BFG and ride and wear about the same.

I'm sure others will chime in with there tire experiences also so you should get a lot of input

WELCOME TO JEEPZ

hope you enjoy your new ride and have lots of fun in it
jeephappy1-1.gif

For me, I would get the one with the absolute least options and do my own thing with aftermarket goodies and trinkets. As for the tires, if it's a DD, I would say yeah do the BFG AT's or the MT's like John recommended. I don't have that kind of buckage to buy a new Sahara anyways:cry:. LOCKERS that's what you need LOCKERS:shades:

What does the Sahara package consist of? A guy asked me this yesterday at work and I didn't have a clue.

i know that other then different seat cover material and sound bar, my wife's 93 actually has less options then my 87 laredo. hers does not have cruise where my laredo does.

Just took a look at Jeep's site. The Sahara costs 5K more and comes with this:
  • Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
  • Remote Keyless Entry
  • Air Conditioning
  • Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
  • Fog Lamps
  • Security Alarm
  • Tubular Side Steps
  • Speed Control
  • Two Front Tow Hooks and One Rear Tow Hook
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

The tinted windows are nice, and the AC is a must have. I'd probably replace the fog lights and the side steps with some aftermarket stuff.

As to your leather seat question, it really depends on how you plan on using your Jeep. I leave the top off in the summer, so the seats do see some moisture. I put seat covers on my seats within the first month. So for me, I'd skip the leather, and put the money into a hardtop (if you live in Canada)

Back