Paint question

craigmpak

I'm a new owner of a 92 YJ and the guy that sold it told me that the paint was a factory scratch/chip resistant paint. What I find strange is that the blue paint is actually a flat blue paint, there's absolutely no shine whatsoever and that includes all the painted surfaces on the inside of the vehicle. Guaranteed it's the factory paint since there's no sign of it being repainted.

image-missing.png

I just wanted to know if there's other Jeeps out there with the same kind of paint job? Was the guy who sold it correct about the special paint?

Very curious.

[addsig]

wow it looks really nice... i've never seen a factory FLAT paint job tho... hmm... its possible![addsig]

I've never seen one either!!!!!! (Neither has my Jeephead fanatic cousin)

This Jeep was a hard find ........ up in Canada (where I live Northern Ontario) it's damn near impossible to find a Jeep without rust ..... this thing is amazing considering it's age (body wise)

Craig[addsig]

I just saw this paint job on a jeep today at lunch time. It looks really cool in person!!!! BTW, how do you like those runners below the door? I personally don't find them useful, just wondering what you think.[addsig]

Back