pinion angal???

kingmega

Ok awhile back i posted a thread with sway bar issues bar ends were touching coils anyway axle set back just enough to bow the coils forward alittle adjusted control arms out alittle heres the thing im wanting to adjust them out some more to help center the axle i know this is common with the short arm lifts what im not sure of is if doing so is going the throw off the pinion angal i cant see how it would not even really sure how much adjustment i have left on the control arms

Oh and the axle setting back abit is not really effecting anything other then alittle tire rubbing under full turn

Rob,
Are you trying to adjust the pinion angle just to bring your springs back to vertical? If so, something like this may help:

Jeep Accessories - Rear Coil Correction Plates

jeep_1141.jpg

If you buy them be sure to ask for the Jeepz.com discount.

As to your question, assuming you are adjusting the upper control arms, then yes - making any adjustments in your arm length should change the pinion angle. I don't have enough experience to tell you at what point you'll encounter problems though.

well i already adjusted them just enough to get the coils back to normal so that i could install the sway bar so as far as the coil's go they are ok now. i installed new tire's 33' tsl's they are alot taller then the old one's but i knew they would be so they like to rub in tight turn's on the back fender well but it isn't bad nothing alittle trimming can't fix i just get alittle anal about something's and seeing the axle sitting back bothers me sometime's i guess i'm just weird like that but all an all it's not causeing any problem's

Back