PLEASE READ!!! big mistake may be made!

Jeeper84

My 94 Wrangler may have a transfer case problem. I think it's a seal, but at worst it'd be the T-case itself. My dad thinks that we bought a lemon because it's had U-joint problems and now this leak. He's going to sell it if the T-case needs to be replaced. My question is: how much would a T-case be (no labor, just the case)? The mechanic says that it runs great and that it's a really nice Jeep. I think my dad's making a big mistake with this. Speaking of my dad, He's Jeeper56...please do not respond to him. Thanks a lot. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

The rear bushing in the transfer case, wears and causes the rear seals to weep and eventualy leak. When the bushing is excessively worn the driveshaft often vibrates and can cause premature U-joint failure. This is fairly common and the bushing and seal isn´t really that hard to change, with a little ingenuity, common sense and a soft touch. They arn´t even very expensive, so if you nick or bend one, trying to install the replacement, you havn´t really lost that much. When you buy replacement U-joints try and get them with the Zirk fitting, if available, and regrease after fording or playing in the mud. Being a grease advocate and using it freely has saved me alot of money over the years. I grease everything that moves at least twice a year. I´ve found many loose bolts on the transfer case, from time to time. Often re-torqing will stop or slow down leaks and seeps (but don´t over tighten, the difference between enough and to much with aluminum is a fine line).[addsig]

I think one reason that repaired stuff keeps breaking is because of the mechanics at Jeep. My dad says that they're 25 years expirienced and that they know what they're doing. He's right, they do know what they're doing....half-@ssed repairs!!! Anyone else believe this about Jeep? -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back