Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Yes, but not for several years

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No, he will be released on some technicality

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Well, it's been decided by the courts: Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by hanging for war crimes in Iraq. The question is, will he actually dangle from the hemp? I hope so. However, I know this decision alone will cause more trouble for our troops in Iraq. Hanging him will make it worse. What are your thoughts? Will he ever be hanged, or will this stretch out in the courts until he dies of old age?

I am not sure if he will end up getting hung or they will drag it out till he dies but I dont think it will make it harder on the troops. I think it will make the people see that they dont have to worry about him getting back into power and help them move forward.

He'll hang and the world will be a little bit better for it

I am not sure if he will end up getting hung or they will drag it out till he dies but I dont think it will make it harder on the troops. I think it will make the people see that they dont have to worry about him getting back into power and help them move forward.

I think you're wrong there. There are too many factions in Iraq that still follow the hardline dictatorship he ran, and will only increase their attacks on troops, police, and citizens if he is hanged.

A hanging probably would have seemed humane compared to what may have happened in that instance.

Yeah, I'm sure of that! Ah, if only we could go back to the old Biblical "eye for an eye" days. But, then again, how many times could you shoot, beat, rape, torture, stab, gas, bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate someone?:lol:

I do thing he will be hanged but not anytime soon. They will drag it out for a few years.

(Grammer police alert) as far as him being "hung" that is something I don't care to know about. As a great man once said, "Horses are hung, people are hanged." :purple:

I was talking to a buddy of mine today in class, he was saying they should pay per view the damn thing and make millions... is this gonna be on U.S. property?

We, should just hand him over to the irany public. See what they can rig up.:rolleyes:

You guys are thinking along the lines of the American courts system where sentences and appeals can last for years. This is the new government in Iraq. He had his appeal and lost. My bet is he will hang before the New
Year.

I hope the Martyr mentality isn't that strong concerning his hanging. I know he still has his supporters.

Breitbart.com:
An adviser to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saddam would be executed before 6 a.m. Saturday, or 10 p.m. Friday EST. Also to be hanged at that time were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, the adviser said.
image-missing.png

Good riddance!

I'm hearing that he will be hanged by 10 pm eastern tonight. We'll see.

It would be nice if they wait until halftime (Skins/Giants game tonight). Maybe I'll email the suggestion to Iraq.

Back