puddles in the front seat

idrthrbfishing

Lately everytime I get into my 97 tj softtop after or during the rain I hear a splish-splash and my feet be taking a bath. about a 1/2 inch of water just in front of my seat. I looked for the obvuios and can't find anythig wet xpt the floor the plugs are still in. Any sugestions?????? :-? [addsig]

not to sound like a jack a** but just maybe there is a leak on your soft top either that or you should close your window :lol: Just screwin with ya![addsig]

I had the same exact problem! It turns out there was a leak in the rubber that surrounds the windshield and the water was dripping down, through the hazard light switch, through the steering wheel column and onto the floor! I was baffled until I sat inside while it was raining and witnessed it happenning first hand. :-O [addsig]

It's coming in from the back window. I don't know about TJ's but YJ's factory soft top doesn't seal at the tailgate. I always get an inch of water when it rains. Just pull the plugs. Got Carpet? Trash or sell em and get some Herculiner. :-D[addsig]

yeah take the floor plugs out, then the water wont pool up there. the only problem is that you still have the leak. Wehn i first got my jeep we had a huge rain and my passenger side front was a big lake. After the rain ended I looked around and it turns out that my upper window wasnt sealing right. I just took it off and put it back on right. leak gone. Yours might or might not be this simple, but its worth a try.

TARSI

edited by: tarsij, Mar 06, 2003 - 03:01 PM[addsig]

Pretty common, may be the seal between the windshield and cowl. You'll have to stick your noggin under the dash while somebody hoses the windshield area with a garden hose.

You'll need to lower the windshield to replace the seal, or better yet, add some clear silicone.[addsig]

Thanks I'll take a look at the seal I may sound funny ut my airbag lightr started coming on when Its wet at the same time??? may be water in the dash[addsig]

Back