Quad Trac System

76quadtrac

Can someone explain how the vacuum actuated switch in the glovebox works? What does it engage? Does it lock Differentials?
image-missing.png
(1976 Wagoneer QuadTrac)[addsig]

It locks the transfer from full time 4X, to off road 4X. There is a set of clutches in the transfer that allows it to slip some on the pavement, kinda like a limited slip differntial. The switch in the glove compartment, is supposed to do away with the slip and increase off road traction.[addsig]

Thanks Mudderchuck, I wasn't sure and some of my friends came up with some pretty wild ideas on how it works. Now I can explain how it really works. The system does REALLY work, especially when you have it in low lock. I have climbed some grades where Chevy's and Fords can't, they will spin the left front and right rear tire and stop, Ha! I just keep on going. Thanks again. Jeep Rules
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Be careful about giving to much gas when your stuck or pulled up against an immovable object. The old quadra-trax have a tendancy to stretch chains inside the transfer, which are expensive. Shifting into low range and using the gears instead of the gas helps make them last longer. Just a little tip from experiance, I´ve changed a few chains.[addsig]

Back