Quadratec.com inventory not accurate.

marlor

For the second and last time I have been notified that an item I ordered and was said by their web site to be in stock is now on backorder. Their web site does not accurate reflect their inventory. You don't find out until after your order is partially shipped that some items aren't coming. In these days of computer controlled inventory, this behavior is not acceptable.

:evil:

Working retail, I can tell you that the inverntory control is wierd sometimes. I have seen where an item is not removed from inventory until shipped. this can cause days worth of delays in inventory numbers. Another thing is how they ship and recieve their merchandise. If recieved in one location and updated in computer then transiting to storage location, someone could be trying to pull the item but it is not on the shelf due to being in transit. sometimes in this situation it may take a while for someone to go back and look a 2nd time. Not making excuses for themm but they should offer free freight or something on the items that were backordered.

I work with servers. I know this type of thing is soley the result of having different server hold the data used for the web site and the inventory at the source. The technology exists to ensure frequent updates. There shouldn't be more than a 15 minute delay in site updates and data replication. When a part leaves the inventory, the site should know within 15 minutes.

I haven't had this problem with 4wd.com.

I thought because I was ordering tires it was less likely to happen because tires are fairly generic and not model-specific. I guessed wrong.

Update: Quadratec notified me that it would take THREE MONTHS to get my order. I canceled the order and went to summitracing.com. They got me my tire in less than a week.

Thats really surprising, I have always had great service with Quadratec. As a matter of fact, I have an order coming tomorrow(Monday)that I ordered Friday a.m. Was it an unusual item?

I am going the same thing with 4wheelparts. Ordered a locking glove box and a third brake like that goes on the spare tire, they call me when the third brake light gets in, then tell me the glove box won't be in till the middle or end of May.

Back