Radio wiring problem

Jeepster05

My radio went dead last week and i can't figure out the problem for the life of me. Usually when it does something like this I just pull it out and wiggle some wires and it comes back on. It's the crappiest wiring job in the world but I have no idea how to re-wire it. It still has some kind of power because it accepts and ejects cds. Anyone know anything about this?

First of all, check your ground...If it is an older common ground style radio, make sure your antennae connection is secure...Typically start with your power wires after a secure ground has been made, by determining which is your constant power wire(usually Yellow) and your switched power(Usually red,depending on brand of unit)..It sounds like that you have a consistent constant power(yellow) if your Cd's are ejecting, so check your switched power an make sure no fuses are blow, whether it being internally or the fuse box...then make sure the connection is sure and this should sove your problem...Alot of times thought, the unit will power up and no output to the speakers, this could be because of a bad output on the unit itself....Trust me, it is generally cheaper to replace the unit, than to pay for repairs!

um i have an aftermarket kenwood deck. When mine did this the chinese food delivary guy halped me out becasue he took pity on my shouted obcenities in teh garage. it turned out teh be the remote wire. Thin and blue. Not sure if stock systems ahve this but might be sopmething to look into!

Chinese delivery man huh ..........I need one of those to help me put in lockers ...HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHE

ya it was crazy he walked by after giving my parents teh food and asked if i was having stero problems. Turned out he used to be an installer at soundtrack or something. Good man he was

Back