Random stereo question

dvdgrigsby

the tape deck on my 92 cherokee will try to play and then try to rewind and try to play again over and over again without ever playing any sound. has anyone ever seen this before? is my deck shot? I tried to use one of those cleaners but it did nothing. thanks for the advice.

Dave

Not sure abot whats going on. I use a CD plaer w/ cassette adapter and occassionally the deck won't accept a tape. Everything else works fine just kicks tapes right back out. I need an upgrade. BEstbuy and circuit city always have real cheap decks for sale.

dvdgrigsby said:
the tape deck on my 92 cherokee will try to play and then try to rewind and try to play again over and over again without ever playing any sound. has anyone ever seen this before? is my deck shot? I tried to use one of those cleaners but it did nothing. thanks for the advice.

Dave
Are you still using cassettes?8) 8)

Usually there are two small drive belts, that look like 0-rings in there and when one breaks it can cause the problem you desribed

Dave, I just took a stock cassette player out of my 98 XJ, make me an offer and it's yours. I myself would upgrade to a CD Player also. In fact, that's why I took it out. Take Care, KJ

For around a C-note you can get a really decent Sony with a removable face plate.

Back