Ready to do a spring lift

jackal

I am ready to do a spring lift. If I go with 2 or 2-1/2" of lift, will I get all of the vibration troubles that I hear about? What brand are some of you running? Will I need to modify driveshaft lengths? It is a 78 CJ7.

I know, I know , I would like to go with the 4" lift , but with the bigger tires I want , it wouldn't fit in the garage.

Thanks for the info all.

Jackal 8)

I had the BDS on my Yj. Loved it. They have a great price for the CJ's. You should be ok with that size lift without vibration or driveshaft mod. You may have to do a transfer case drop kit, not sure on a CJ.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/

My girl friends Jeep.

You should not have any vibration on either a 2" or a 4" lift for the CJ. For the money most people in our shop really like the BDS. The springs are very flexable and there shocks are great. plus the springs are warrentied for life and they do stand behind them no matter what.

You should not have any vibration on either a 2" or a 4" lift for the CJ. For the money most people in our shop really like the BDS. The springs are very flexable and there shocks are great. plus the springs are warrentied for life and they do stand behind them no matter what.

Besttop clearance page.....web address?????????

No troubles. Even the TH400/quadratrac combo will run fine with a 4" suspension lift.

Looking for a rear bumper/tire carrier combo for my '89 YJ.

oh, okay. that's a really good idea! Never really thought of doing anything like that.

Often called a kicker shock, all it does is slow down (dampen) the axle wrap. There are a lot better designs out there where a ladder bar is hung from a shackle at the crossmember, as close to the rear driveshaft as possible. No axlewrap and doubles as a driveshaft skidder.

yeah... a solid design will STOP axle wrap.... the shock IS a good idea.. but a solid bar will provide much more advantage

Back