Really really need some help!!!

this is a far fetch (i had this happen way before I owned a jeep and knew anything about cars) but maybe your map sensor?

Check that vacuum hose for cracks. If it was anything to do with the timing you would see problems even when the engine is warm. Also replace that map sensor and see if anything changes if the hose doesn't do it for you.

if it wont idle properly until it warms up, that could be anything from vaccuum to fuel to timing, I havent seen anyone yet mention the Throttle Position Sensor, I just replaced mine, its fairly cheap and extremely easy and they can cause some very odd symptoms.

Good luck with it and please keep us up to date when you find what the problem was so we can learn along with you :) thanks

I went throught the same situation with my son's S10.We replaced several sensors,not wanting to come to terms that it may be the fuel pump.The pressure was always good,morning,night always the same.....and then,the dealer! Ignition switch!!That was the problem,replaced it,no more issues.

I agree with superj, I would clean the idle air control solenoid. That's what it sound like to me, if the solenoid is sticking then your starving the engine for air, when you pull the booster hose off it allows the engine to get air, since it comes directly off of the intake. Clean the orifice and plunger and see how it does.

Is there a way of checking the Idle Air Control while I have it off? I thought if you turn the key on, it should move.

I am not sure. I know you don't want to pull it ( I learned this the hardway) because the little end piece will pop off and then you get to buy a new one.

I learn stuff the hard way :)

Honestly at this point your thowing money and parts at a unknown problem based on the advice of internet people that have never seen your jeep and are diagnosing based on your assesment.

Go to a reputable mechanic.

I bet it's something stupid that will have you kicking yourself in the arse.

Back