Rear sound help!!!!

On another note I am also planning on smittybilt tube fenders and rock rails. Any thoughts? With my stock axels right now I want to be able to run 31-33 in tires. Not exactly tryin to upgrade my axles until I need to.

tuber fenders are horrible!!!!! i know, i have one on the back of my jeep that i wouldn;t have if a buddy hadn;t given it to me as a gift. there is a dude on ebay who makes nice solid steel rectangle bumpers with d-ring tabs for 150 bucks each

A 4" will clear 33's. If your kit does not include a dropped pitman arm, T-case drop, shims for the rear springs, those will be required for the 4" lift and will cost extra. At 4" you will really want those brake lines I mentioned. After the install just look at your front brake line hose coming from the front tire, it should be getting close to its max length just sitting there. I have run 4" lift and loved it, I just wanted to bring up these extras that not all companies will include or tell you about up front. There are companies that do include these items so you just have to look around and see. You could go another route if you wanted, you could do something like a 2 1/2" lift springs, say 1-11/4" shackles, maybe a 1" body lift and you wouldnt need the t-case drop, shims, and maybe not the pitman arm as well.(not positive about not needing the pitman arm, but pretty sure you don't) and you could still run the 33". Look into BDS suspension, they have a life time garrentee on the lift kits that states if you brake or bent it they will replace it free. This is a fact as I had a non off-road accident and bent the back spring and they mailed me a new one with no questions asked.
Oh as for the tube fenders, I have never used them so I cant say, but my brother had some on his 87-yj and he hated them.

Good info thanks another thread on here mentioned a budget lift with shackles and body lift for a full two inches. I am thinking of getting this lift and just goin with 32 in tires. And it costs like 145 bucks.

Thanks to all on tube fenders. I will either go with no flares which is the way it is now or I will try to find some cheap tj fenders and trim.

Over time that has become my fav way to lift, a little here and a little there for total lift. For your shackles, keep them under 2" or you will likely have handleing issues,(over 2" starts changing the steering geometry too much) You will gain half of the advertised lift of the shackle. 2" shackle=1"lift. I personally wouldn't go with a 2" shackle.(too close to trouble area for me) I would however go with 1 1/2" or less. I like the look of a jeep with no flares, but driving in the rain or mud creates some big rooster tails and get the jeep dirty easier.

Bringing back an old thread. Got it figured out. My exhaust heat shield was rubbing on the rear drive shaft. Jeep drives like a dream now.

Back