Rear view mirror fell off

ZBTstang

Due to the cold the adhesive holding my rear view didnt hold and my mirror fell off. It even took some little chunks of the winshield (they were still attached to the mirror though). I stupidly bought a rear view mirror repair kit from autozone, that stuff wouldnt even stick the button to the windshield. I tried some other apoxy but it wont hold the mirror, holds the button fine, but once I put the actual mirror on, it falls off (and this is after waiting the recomended 24 hours) Anyways I really use my rear view alot to drive, and not having it is a pain.........help

get in a garage where it is warm... the cold REALLY hinders adhesion.. and use a repair kit again, follow the directions perfect... and i've seen people rub some of the adhesive on the window and let it set, to prime it... i've used the kits a few times in the past and they worked great

That is safety glass, if chunks of glass came off with the mirror, time for a new windshield. that is a serious safety issue., screw trying to get the mirror back on, get the glass replaced and then worry about the mirror. Why do you think it is illegal to have a crack in the windshield? (it is here in mass anyways) not because of vissability, safety.

Back