RedbirdSRA IN wheelin pics

Bounty__Hunter

Super Moderator
A group of us from the Southern Illinois Jeep Association made a wheelin trip to the RedbirdSRA Offroad Park this past weekend and it was a blast. Conditions were wetter than usual, so even the smallest of hills required a lot of throttle and momentum. I've never used my winch as much as I did this past weekend, and just about everybody took their turn on the end of it, or another winch.

You can check out the 4 pages of pics here: http://community.webshots.com/album/274386379lhqFGn

The park is closed until April 2, but you can set up private runs by coming up with $100 regardless of how many vehicles attend. After April 2 it's just $10 a day. The park has a lot of well thought out trails, and it's underused so you've just about got the park to yourself any time of the year.

It's about 30 minutes south of Terre Haute, IN, and I-70. Near the town of Dugger, IN.

Sweet! Choose the slideshow option and scroll through them, folks. Looks like a heck of a good time.

-X

Forgot to mention that I'm drivin the red YJ with the windshield folded down. Couldn't of asked for better wheelin, sunny 60º and being with great friends. I highly recommend this park for anybody able to make the trip.

RE: Tech questions on suspension lifts.

I think Ive asked you this before Bounty, but I dont remember... whats your thoughts on stock TJs up there? Too much for a stocker? Im only about 45 minutes south of there when Im at school and Id love to go... but I dont want to get in over my head either.

Nathan

You'll be fine, when it's dry ;). You'll really enjoy it.

Check the forums on the Redbird website, they're very helpful. Talk to T-Bone specifically, he's with the Redbird Management Group and he's who led us last Saturday, super nice guy. He can give you an idea of trail conditions on a weekly basis, or before you plan on heading up.

We had a relatively stock 4cyl. TJ in our group, 31" MT's and a rear locker. He did pretty well. Stock TJ's do pretty well unless the conditions are really sloppy.

Haha that one guy with mud Mo-hawk is having way to much fun! Looks great and the jeep does too as usual.

Bounty, did you have that cage the last time you posted pics of your YJ? Looks good!

Those are great pictures. Looks like fun. I wish we had a designated park around here. Just wondering about the roll cage on that red YJ you were driving. Was it home made or bought? I wanna put one in my YJ but don't wanna spend big cash on one. Also, how does the windshield frame attach to that cage? Can you still adjust the angle of the windshield frame?

RE: 3.5" BDS or 4" RE?

It's a Smittybuilt weld-in kit designed for a CJ7, works just fine in the YJ. Cost around $130 depending on where you get it, includes the windshield hoop, two spreaders, and floor plates. I added the dash bar and the horizontal between the two rear hoops. I'll soon be adding a few more spreaders overhead, and some doorbars down low. probably add elsewhere too. I had to put it in for that rockcrawl comp. I did last year.

The Mohawk guy was my passenger, there's a few pics of me going through the mudhole where he got covered. The trailguide had 38" TSL's and recommended nobody else go through the hole after he made it, so I saw it as a challenge, after all I did trailer the jeep there :twisted:. The 32" TSL/SX's didn't dissappoint, the just kept knawing along and slingin slop.

You'll be fine, when it's dry . You'll really enjoy it.

Check the forums on the Redbird website, they're very helpful. Talk to T-Bone specifically, he's with the Redbird Management Group and he's who led us last Saturday, super nice guy. He can give you an idea of trail conditions on a weekly basis, or before you plan on heading up.

We had a relatively stock 4cyl. TJ in our group, 31" MT's and a rear locker. He did pretty well. Stock TJ's do pretty well unless the conditions are really sloppy.

Sounds great! Now if it would just dry out.. hehe. I got a buddy here with a rubicon, stock hieght, but he does have a winch. We've been talking about going sometime.

Thanks a lot

Nathan

RE: Motorcraft Carb questions

Neither of you will have a problem regardless of how wet it is, since you'll have at least one winch. As long as he has a snatch block too, and knows recovery pretty well. We had plenty of practice Saturday ;) including winching that black TJ that slid nose down in the ravine.

Back