Removing roll cage

Imakrazy

I'm herculining the entire tub of my jeep and I'm not half adding it at all, is there anything I need to know with removing the roll bars? I read something about the rear being sealed in but I don't think that should make this to hard of a project. Thanks for any help in advance

No, unbolt and pull. There might be some seam sealer holding the bars in the tub, but it is not "sealed." The seam sealer is just from the joint in the tub that is under the mounting pad for the roll bar

My advice, replace all the stupid torx head bolts with grade 5 at a minimum hex head bolts.

MIne had a ton of sealer under the front mounting plates. Heated them up nice and hot with a torch and they came right up. Getting the torx out can be a hassle some times. Lots of PB Blaster and a torch will help.

Hey guys i was wondering whats another way to keepyour seatbelts after removing the roll cage on 1997 jeep tj

what do you mean? when you put the cage back in, the seat belts go back. since htey are shoulder belts, you have to at least have a belt bar behind the front seats for a belt tail to hook to so the seat belts don;t break your back in accident by bending you in half form the negative g forces applied by a sudden stop. that is why the belts have a mount above your shoulder, it keeps the belts straight and form that V across your waist and upper body. other wise, as your body kept moving forward at 60mph when the jeep came to sudden stop, the belts would make a C and your stomach and innards would try to keep going and your back would snap in half

ranjodh7158 said:
Hey guys i was wondering whats another way to keepyour seatbelts after removing the roll cage on 1997 jeep tj

Without a roll cage,I think the only option you would have is to replace your seats with the type that have the shoulder belt built into the seat itself. I drive an 07 gmc 3500 at work and it has those kinds of seats. Pretty comfortable too.

God forbid the damn thing rolls over..... You are going to need more than Herculiner if that happens. Put the darn roll cage back. Remember it is not what you do when you get hurt. In most cases, it is other person' stupidity that causes it.

Back