reversed shackles, pitman arms

highklass

is there anyone who could provide me with reversed shackles and pitman arms diagrams or measurements for higher lift. since i work in a machine shop and i have the right tools to home-make these.
or any links would be great.
thanks
junior[addsig]

What year and model Jeep do you want to lift?
[addsig]

sorry, its for a yj 90.
i am planning on getting a max but safe lift for shackles.
and 3 inch body lift.
evetually suspension lift with a soa, (and remove 3 inch body lift.)
since i just got my 36/14.5/15 tires[addsig]

Dude, you'd need 6" minimum lift to clear those tires, and a 3" shackle lift would be shackles 6" longer than stock. Don't butcher your jeep, do it right the first time, even if it means waiting while you save the $$ for the SOA.

SOA can be done a LOT easier than a shackle reversal and whatever safe shackle lift you have brewin, and can be done relatively inexpensively.[addsig]

does anyone know if there is a drive shaft that would fit yj to extend them longer to replace the existing shafts.
that is for a soa.[addsig]

You'll have to get a slip-yoke eliminator kit (SYE) in order to have a shaft long enough to run a CV joint, which is needed due to the short shaft and steep driveline angle. I'll be using the front CV driveshaft from an XJ and having it shortened to fit the SOA length needed. The used XJ shaft cost me $30 and about $50 to have it shortened, not bad for $80.
I'll also be installing a SYE into my YJ for less than $100. It will be strong, last long, and save some $$ over what most companies charge for the same thing :-O [addsig]

Back