Right Turn and Hazard question....

statewide

I am having a issue with my Right turn FT/Rear not working and No Hazards at all. I have replaced turn signal switch/multi-switch, blinkers all lamps. My stop light fuse gets hot and blows also. All running lights work, both brake lights, left side ft and rear turn. If any one has any input please...:???: It is a 83 CJ7. Thanks, Paul

I have searched other posts and have not found this issue... some close but thins already checked... Thanks

Last edited:

Have you checked the wire harness at the rear of the vehicle?
(also the front marker lights.)

Sometimes the pigtail connectors can get pulled apart, or otherwise broken.

Also look inside each lamp base for rust & corrosion.

I did find where the PO had grounded the two ft markers on fenders... Green wire to lamps was hooked too turn and had a pig tail going to ground... I cut the green wire to indicator wires and every thing works good now. I can not remember if the side markers are suppose to flash or not, They do come on with park & head lights. Thanks

Cool, glad you got it fissed! I do believe the CJ's & maybe the 87 & 88 YJ's did not have flashing side markers. I know my 90 does flash. Neither of the two wires is really grounded, until the flasher or something does it. Not really sure how they work it, but if there is a ground it's further back in the system.

Yea, me too it was making me turn gray...;) Thanks for all the help...

Back