Rock Sliders / Steps

I run the A to Z Fab with the bar; I am very pleased with them. Mine are 3/16 (I saw some of you run 1/4" thisck ones), but that is fine for my type of wheeling; in our side of the world (central america) you are more likely to hit a tree or dirt than rocks, so it works just fine. Also, it is a good place to use a high-lift jack! I had mine Line-X'ed for durability (mud will rust everything!) and I used Tough Stuff rocker guard paint protector also to avoid rust...

This is how they look like:

DSC00170-1.jpg

DSC00171-1.jpg

The wife is happy using them as steps (mind you, she is 5'8"), and I am happy with the ground clearance!

Felipe

I'm actually thinking about selling my reversible bars now and getting a set like Felipe has. If I can find a set for > $300 I may grab them as a Christmas present...

I'm actually thinking about selling my reversible bars now and getting a set like Felipe has. If I can find a set for > $300 I may grab them as a Christmas present...

Well, if you have a welder and moderate welding skills, you could make your own without spending tons of dough (you would probably use a bender for the steps if you want those, but you can have that done also). Another option is eBay; just make sure the welds are done properly before finishing it.

I do recommend you put something between the rocker and the body to avoid rust, though... Rust in the mount will weaken the protection offered by the rocker guard.

Your jeep rocks by the way... It just sucks you can't use the back part of your front flares with those rocker guards.

Thanks; I really dont mind, as the front flare extensions are to thin anyway to block anything really, and the flares are already larger, so they do a fairly decent job of keeping me dry when driving on wet streets with no top...

Back