Roll call for Western Jeepz Peepz.

Utah_jeepster said:
I am planning on leading our off road (AVYoung who is the current prez)Lone Peak 4 Wheelers on the Rubicon trail next year June maybe?

Count me in for june 05' at the con!

Work over your Jeep Sully...The Rubicon is 17.3 miles of shear h**l.
We are planning on two days to do it dropping in at Loon Lake and hitting the Granite bowl. Make sure you pack for it. I would recomend that you have spare front and read axles, U-Joints, any other spare parts that you might need.
I lost my rear axle on that trail.

To All:
The week before Josh died he was planning on comming out to Moab and doin the Labor day with us. I say that we do a Moab run in his memory...

Utah_jeepster said:
Work over your Jeep Sully...The Rubicon is 17.3 miles of shear h**l.
We are planning on two days to do it dropping in at Loon Lake and hitting the Granite bowl. Make sure you pack for it. I would recomend that you have spare front and read axles, U-Joints, any other spare parts that you might need.
I lost my rear axle on that trail.

My jeep looks like a little CJ, but you have no idea what it's capable of. It has taken me everywhere I have wanted to go so far. I am locked up at both ends if it makes you feel a little better. Who's bringing the winch?
Why not take our time and do a 3 day trip?

All My Needs Slow!

I'd love to do Moab, but it's a bit of a haul. Colorado is much more do able for me. But i'll see what I can do.

As to why two days? if we drop in at Loon Lake and start wheeling we can make it past the little suice and granite slab and camp at Buck island lake. The next day is going through the big sluce and Cadilac hill. after that your on dirt road. Three days is a start at George town and add's 12.3 miles and a nights stay at Road house springs camp ground. Three dayz is tough carrying food/ gas/ and spare parts.
Just going 17.3 miles is sure heck. There isnt a rest spot along the whole way...its a nice 5-6 hours just to make Buck Island lake from loon Lake..add one problem and your setting up camp in the dark.
The Rubicon is tough and IT WILL find the weakest point on your Jeep.
It is not like Moab where you have 10-20 minutes worth of driving between obsticles is is 17.3 miles of obsticles.
There are no bypasses ecpt for the little suice box and that is still a 4+ bypass.
on some sections if a Jeep infront of you breaks down you have to wait till it's fixed...there is no other way around it.
Trust me on this it earns its 9 rating very easly

Geting a New Radiator on a XJ

I know how it goes. After all they did name a wrangler after it. :wink:

another here from Austin TX...hey kcash we should get together and do some offroading here in austin sometimes, just got back from some insanely fun times today

transfer case noise

I'm probably 1 of the 2 88Wrangles was referring to: Florence, Oregon!!!

dawson creek, b.c........wheelin the true north strong and free baby!

laneiac said:

Hey guys from Oregon... what's Medford like. My company asked if I wanted to be promoted to that city and region.

Also, there has got to be way more westerners than this.

Well, its on the small side, but its far enough south that it gets warm and doesnt see tons of rain like we do up here in the valley. I always kinda liked southern Ore. just because its a more temperate climate and closer to Vegas 8)

More CJ wheel questions

laneiac said:
Well, its on the small side, but its far enough south that it gets warm and doesnt see tons of rain like we do up here in the valley. I always kinda liked southern Ore. just because its a more temperate climate and closer to Vegas 8)

I like Medford as well. I love the weather-being warm, but not really really hot (not like what most people see Oregon as 8)-- raining all the time :cry: ). Not sure what exactly the city is like, only been there a few times. I hear it's nice though

DriveShaft Plumbing

Hey Minqez - what profession are you in to be transfered to Medford? LBR

LBR said:
Hey Minqez - what profession are you in to be transfered to Medford? LBR

Retail. Furniture. Not fantastically exciting, but the money is. It affords me this hobby. :wink:

Back