Roll call for Western Jeepz Peepz.

88Wrangles said:
So what kind of terrain would you guys want?? If you want sand, I could definatly show people around at the coast. But as far as trails and stuff like that, I'm not really sure where we could go that would be able to support a large number of people (and be friendly to "stock-ish" Jeeps).

Also, when does everyone want this to take place. In the past, people have brought up this sort of thing, but it never ends up going through.
I'm up for almost anything but I prefer trails. Being so close to the mountains, there has to be lots of trails. I don't want to get into anything too hairy just because I don't want to break anything major so far from home.

Oh, there are trails. The only problem is that in most of the places, there are only like one or two trails of any significance. Most of them (not sure about eastern Oregon though) have been closed off. As far as I know, if the trail doesn't say 4x4 vehicles can drive on it, it is illegal to do so.

However, If you guys don't mind driving on the those trails anyways, that's cool. That's what I do all the time anyways.

Sully, What are things like in Nevada? Would that be a good area for us to meet up at?

Why dont we all do the Rubicon together or go to Moab??? If we arent going to go till next summer then we could probably plan that. But if we are going to go sooner, and do it in Oregon, I know of some good trails up in the high cascades and like Wrangles said, he knows the dunes.

Whats Next???????????

I would love to do rubicon but I dont know the condition of all of the rigs, mods, ect. I have never wheeled nevada but I hear they have some nice trails, rocks, and some in the sierra nevada mountains. We should hit that place up.

The trouble with the West is that it is so vast. My Jeep does highways, but it is modified and prefers back country. Being that I am from Denver, it would take me a day to get to Oregon, and a day to recover (alas and alak, I am getting older), then a day to get back to Colorado and a day to recover. More centralized would be better for me.
But it is a great idea!

Hey guys!

Sorry, I've been on vacation and away from internet access. I'd be game for a get together. But Oregon is a huge trek for me. Rubicon, Moabe are much more within reason. Remember, I'm on the southern border.

Your the one with the TJ. The ride will be nice and you know it! :wink:

Yeah those nice soft springs and those airbags and pretty little dash.... :twisted:
I am up for Rubicon or Moab, something central seems fair for everyone involved. I would hate to force Mingez to put too many miles on those car springs... :wink: Moab almost seems like it would be better than the Rubi, probably less crowded with access to more trails.

Are both those places full-size-truck friendly?? Where exactly are the Rubicon and Moab (city and state).

Hmmm, I think I'll have to find a trailer to get there anyways.

88Wrangles said:
Are both those places full-size-truck friendly?? Where exactly are the Rubicon and Moab (city and state).

Hmmm, I think I'll have to find a trailer to get there anyways.

Moab is in Utah. Some of the Obstacles are long wheelbase friendly, and some are not.

Rubicon is in Cali, I've never wheeled there.

Moab is in south eastern utah. Rubicon is right next to lake tahoe in northern california. Rubicon would be too tight for a truck of your size. Its do-able but will take longer and your truck will get smashed.

We vote for some Oregon coastal sand terrain and not inland mudding 'cause if youall came here you would not leave.........Florence, Oregon was voted as "THE #1 RETIREMENT CITY IN THE NATION IN 2004"......and we all would like to be retired yesterday, right? RIGHT!! LBR

Ok folks, lets seriously get some planning done for this sometime in the near future. I would hate for this to be another one of those "lets do it; and it never happens sort of things". I mean, this is ridiculous. We talk to each other every night about a variety of topics, and I would love to meet as many of you as I could so I know which freaks not to talk to! :lol: (sully already made his way into that group) But it would be great to get together and do some jeepin and have one up one those east coasters!

DOG the Bounty Hunter

LBR said:
We vote for some Oregon coastal sand terrain and not inland mudding 'cause if youall came here you would not leave.........Florence, Oregon was voted as "THE #1 RETIREMENT CITY IN THE NATION IN 2004"......and we all would like to be retired yesterday, right? RIGHT!! LBR

YES!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol:

I used to live in Reno Nv. There are some nice trails in the areas outside of Reno, Virginia City, Carson City and in between. Mostly desert rocks nothing to hairy, found some old mines gold panning areas. The town life would keep the significant others busy while you wheel.

Spool VS Locker

So... I am headed for the San Juan mountains at the end of September! Anyone up for doing trails down there?

RE: Re: RE: August goings ons..........

cewtwo said:
So... I am headed for the San Juan mountains at the end of September! Anyone up for doing trails down there?

Drive a few more hrs down to portland and i'll set something up..

British Columbia Canada here. New to Jeepz...and waiting to put my other motor in before I go any distances with it for fear of losing my noisy wrist pin !

RE: Re: RE: August goings ons..........

I'll be coming from Durang and doing the Alpine Loop on the last weekend of Sept... about a week and a half from now.
Cant wait...

Back