Scratches

X_Factor

Paragonites -- What Have You Learned?

Another trail ride.........more scratches.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is the best way to remove scratches from tree limbs, rocks, etc. from the side of the Jeep? They are not deep scratches, mainly surface. I don't mind a few scratches here and there, but this time, I have scratches going all the way from the front of the Jeep to the back of the Jeep. Ouch!

as long as they aren't deep... a good coat of wax will fix them right up. make sure you use a GOOD wax though (zymol, etc...), that has carnauba wax in it, as this will buff the minor scratches out and polish the surface.

Lift Install help me !!!!!!!!

Have them buffed out. The rule of thumb we used to use is if you can catch your finger nail on them they will not buff out. I would recomend having someone experianced buff it. I have burned through the paint of one of my cars. It is really easy to do if you are not paying attention.

X_Factor said:
Another trail ride.........more scratches.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is the best way to remove scratches from tree limbs, rocks, etc. from the side of the Jeep? They are not deep scratches, mainly surface. I don't mind a few scratches here and there, but this time, I have scratches going all the way from the front of the Jeep to the back of the Jeep. Ouch!

but why get rid of them?? they're battle wounds.... wear them with pride!

:lol: :lol: I don't mean to laugh,.......oh yea I do. :twisted:

White buffing compound and a little Karate kid action. Don't use a power buffer unless you trust yourself not to burn that paint job. You should make most disappear with ease.

If that fails:
1) More mud ought to do it.
2) a beer and a little rattle can
3) dents (this takes the attention away from fine scratches)
4) add so many more scratches it looks like a custom paint job.
5) Smile, they aren't scratches THEY ARE MEMORIES!!!

It's a JEEP

Jeeps with out a few trail scars are well Jeeps with out trail scars. Scraches dents bangs dents twisted metal and cracked glass torn plastic and missing body parts all go to the catagory of memeories. I love to park beside a new shinny jeep with no idea what the machine will do if you let it. When they say wow what happened to your jeep I grin and say life man just life. Get out there and live a little and then tell the tells of where you been and are going to go. tug

I think Tug calls these "Pinstripes"? There is nothing wrong with taking care of your Jeep. -Al

If you are trying to keep scratches at a minimum you should also try waxing you Jeep before you go on a trail ride. I have met people who do this and they said it helps from getting too many scratches. Personally I like my scratches, dents, rust, etc! But you do have a newer Jeep than I do.

Used Turtle Wax polishing compound on it, worked alright. Then just used Turtle Wax wax on it and it did the same trick. Doesn't get the scratch completely out, but it does make it much smaller. I'm not complaining about the scratches or anything, but I do try to take care of my rig in case (God forbid) I should ever have to sell it (Gasp!).

Back