Season? Holiday? What are you celebrating?

The Holiday season is not a reason to question PC problems we have in this Country. You have plenty of time to do that the rest of the year. If I say, "Happy Holidays" then I am talking Christmas and Newyears. But what If I said Happy New Years to someone from China, hmmm Jan 1 isn't their newyears so they would prolly just stick their nose up at me. Happy Holidays and Seasons greetings isn't at all a PC way it is mearly saying "I hope that you have a pleasant "whatever" and that you enjoy it as much as I."
If you wanna go scream about PC issues, go talk to the Justices that dis-barred the Alabama Judge for the 10 Commandments, or the guy that wants "Under God" taken out of the pledge and "In God we Trust" off the money. But, don't get upset about saying happy holidays. Have a Great Vacation and a few days off. Remember, not everyone believes in what you believe and, that is what is so great about the US. We Don't Have To!!!!

The folks that hate the ten comandments do not relize that they are just the root for the millions of laws we have on the books in the United States. If you obey them ten orginal 10 root laws you will not break any laws at all.

The folks that are out to change the United States money and pledge will soon figure out Christ is the center of Christmas. Then that holiday will be on the block as well.

Happy Holidays is a very proper use of words due to all that is implyed by it. Due to the fact that the " Happy Holiday Season " starts arond Thanksgiving and goes through the New Year.

Now Xmas burns my tail. Either keep Christ in Christmas or find something else to celebrate.

You are right "We Do Not Have To!" All too true and that is what makes this country so great. But this is also going to be our down fall. History is full of wars and battles over Religion. It is just a matter of time till history repeats itself. If in my life it repeats I know what side I shall be on and who my targets will be. tug

Well You did find one Jewish Jeeper here! I will be starting my 8 crazy nights this Friday, the 19th! Thats 5 less shopping days for me this year. Hopfully there will be a new tire and a new leaf spring each night! Actually, I get to celebrate BOTH as my wife is not Jewish and we will be going to her family for the big Christmas celebration this year. Happy Holidays to everyone! The best of both worlds... :D

Well, to answer the original question, It's Christmas time at my house, so Merry Christmas to those that also celebrate.

and Happy Holidays to everyone else. :D

L33TJ33P said:
Remember, not everyone believes in what you believe and, that is what is so great about the US. We Don't Have To!!!!

Didn't I start this post with: "but that's me and mine. What are you and yours celebrating this time of year?"

then:"It just seems to me we should all be proud of who we are and what we believe." That meant anybody.

It was an invitation to express your beliefs and traditions, nothing else. Why the heck are some of you folks beating the diversity drum here, this post was a call for it! The bit about PC is a result of my frustration of the inability for people to freely express their beleifs without pissing someone off or getting persecuted. some of you folks all are strenghtening my arguement on that point!

I'll tell you what. Forget the PC and "season" stuff and lets get back to the original idea and this could actually a pretty cool thread, eh?

this is what happens when you talk "Poitics, Religion and Her" on Public boards. :) Personally I Celebrate in the good old "Southern Baptist" ways. But I don't Cringe when someone else says "happy holidays" I mean my goodness, isn't it enough that some stranger will say that to you. In a few places in this country most would rather spit in your face than talk to you. Be proud that someone thinks you are pleasant enough to speak to. :-D

Hey guys, let me preface this by saying "I love you all!"

That said, I feel as though we are getting a bit nuts on this one. Twisted, just so you know- I NEVER thought you were bashing anyone or there beliefs. BUT, I did think that someone might misconstrue what your point was, and by the looks of it, they did. You were just trying to express what Christmas meant to you, and you were curious what it meant to us. Right?

If it was a call for Diversity as you put it, then why criticize those for expressing the season with the words of their choice??

In my case, my whole life, others have imposed there beliefs on me. Thus, I am not beating the "diversity drum" in an attempt to point out that you are anti-diversity... I know you are not (otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread). You misunderstood me on that one.
I merely wanted to say some kind words, and have it mean something to everyone reguardless of there faith.(or lack there of)
It wasn't a message to you or anyone, other than to state a few kind words. However, it seemed as though you felt it was somehow wrong for me/us to do so. (because it was a dumbing down of the true meanings of xmas etc.) That is what lady jeep freak was referring to. I know you don't necessarily feel that way.

You are correct, the whole PC thing is getting out of control, I agree. But don't you think firing a kid for saying "Merry Christmas" is just as unreasonable as criticizing those for saying the phrase "Happy Holidays?" I think PC comes from people being a bit over sensitive, and if "Happy Holidays, Happy Ramadan, OR Merry Christmas" is offensive, then I think we all need to step back and look at how sensitive we (as people) are all being. :wink:

And TUG, if the S**T hits the fan, I know reguardless of OUR ideals, we'll both be on the same side shooting at the same targets...You, Me, Twisted, and the rest of the Jeepz.com people will all be on the same side. The side of the "Good Folks." :D

Thud... thud... thud... thud... thud...

If any of you are wondering what that loud thumping noise is, it's just me rhythmically pounding my head against a wall...

It is all about the true meaning of christmas;
Santa Claus's Birthday!

OK OK no hate mail, I know, I quoted that from homer simpson.

I am Irish catholic with deep ties to South Boston! (It is kinda like being italian and from brooklyn)

Re: saddam

TwistedCopper said:

If any of you are wondering what that loud thumping noise is, it's just me rhythmically pounding my head against a wall...

Heheheheheee. It's all good Copper! You da man. :lol:

To me, this time of year is about being with my very large family, eating wicked good food, lots of laughs...drinking egg nog with rum, waking up next to Joe and saying, "Merry Christmas, what one can I open first?"

Watching the excitment on my nefews face when he opens the gifts I give him. I love the way he acts when Santa is around...see to him, and kids PC and all this doesn't matter. They don't even know, or have a real meaning of christmas...and to me it is all about family. If I didn't have a family to see on Dec. 25 it would just be a regular day.

Merry Chirstmas...I still say it to everybody. If I offend somebody, then so be it...it is part of life. Hey, have a wicked good Christmas!

I am A christmas freak! I had a Christmas movie party two weeks ago were for the entire day, we watched only christmas movies, about 12 hours of them!! had a regular christmas party! The Pantera CD gets taken out of the jeep in favor for Bing Crosby and some Sinatra! Decorated my house so it looks like the one in Home alone! I have problems! Christmas tree went up on Dec 1st

There is a radio sdtation here in boston that plays nothing but christmas music all day, I love it!!!!!

Tug-n-pull said:
I for one am celebrating The birth of the Christ Child Jesus my personal Lord and Savior! That is what Christmas is at least thats what I have read somewhere hehehehe! Thanks for asking Tug

same same same!

i have several friends who celbrate Hanuka (how ever you spell it)

everyone who celbrates anything has their own unique way. no one celbrates the same way... I, for one, carry on a German custom where you open your presents the night before Christmas. Our family has changed it to fit our lifestyle, and we only open one present the night before. Pork is our holiday food, and we eat it with the side of the family who we didnt eat Thanksgiving with. We have a tree, and every year we get an ornament.

jps4jeep said:
There is a radio sdtation here in boston that plays nothing but christmas music all day, I love it!!!!!

There's 97.1 in DC doing the same thing. I listen to it all day at work (I'm a closet Christmas music listener :oops: ) but it's sports radio on the carpool home.

Back