Seller beware on Craigslist

PhilZJLJ

This may not be news to some but it needs attention. I listed the chrome tube bumpers and nerf bars I had for sale on Craigslist specifying they would only fit 04-06 Unlimiteds and received 2 scam emails to buy them. The 1st one offered to overnite me a check for the full price and said " I am ok with the price and condition of the item. I need your full name, address, home phone, cell phone, plus more pics..." (which btw cell # was listed in the ad), and his movers would pick up the item once the check cleared. Even though this was the 1st time I have ever list on this site, Red Flag! I cash a fake check, weeks later the bank is filing criminal charges against me while my bumpers are in Mexico being filled with drugs. The 2nd email said "Do you think these will fit a 2002 Wrangler"? I never got a response from any of the somewhat hateful email replies I sent. Okay, I sent really hateful replies to these scam artists. Anyone legit would have sent me back a reply because I let loose with the language!! I did however have someone ready to buy in person until I asked "You know the nerf bars will only fit an Unlimited?" They said..."Oh" COME ON PEOPLE!!! Good grief. Look, just be leary, there are so many scams, it's a real shame. Seller be ware, buyer take care.

We call CL flakes list. To many flakes to deal with and scammers never ending with them. As with any kind of media to list items for sale got to watch out for the idiots and losers and of course the ones who read but do not comprehend what you said in the listing.

Found a truck on there once that was supposed to be in my town. They gave me a sob story about her husband dying and that she needed to sell it but that it was now thru e-bay and in Las Vegas, I'm in TN. She needed me to send payment to e-bay but not paypal and then they would deliver the truck to me and give me 10 whole days to inspect it and return if I didn't like it. I offered cash if she would meet me with it and never heard from her again. I've also had people offer to pay me extra and have someone pick it up after the check clears and one guy wanted me to ship a set of tires cross country via Greyhound.

I only deal locally on creigs. I got a 50in projection tv for $250 thinkin as long as it gets me through the playoffs I dont care.... The guy drove it to my house pluged it in and I bought,,,,Well three years later and a new 50 in hdtv 4 me I put the thing in my kids room to play xbox on it. Im still amazed the picture is awsome, and becouse its a square screen the games look like your rite there in the game.. One good deal from greigs anyway. So just stay local and see what your getting first!

take note most scam artists can't spell and have poor grammar
and the biggest thing to know is if there's no phone contact it's most likely a scam

Back