Shackels

Whips 17

I have my stock shackles still I think. With leaf over axle lift. What size of shackles are they? I want to replace them.

Thks

80 CJ-7 350 on propane. TH400. Dana300. Detroit truetrac front and back. 33"Copper STT

I have my stock shackles still I think. With leaf over axle lift. What size of shackles are they? I want to replace them.

Thks

80 CJ-7 350 on propane. TH400. Dana300. Detroit truetrac front and back. 33"Copper STT

I believe the stock shackles are just two pieces of metal (per shackle). If you've got something that looks like the letter H, it's probably aftermarket.

if they work why bother to replace them? I like the stock style shackles, since they are a little less rigid and allow for a little rotation, they won't fatigue the spring as much and flex a little better.

My driver side is either bent or bolt Brocken!! It is leaning to one side! I measured from the ground on each side and there is a 1" diff

pics?

I doubt the shackle is the culprit, sounds like you have a broken leaf in the spring pack, or if your SOA, could be spring wrap.

Back