Shackle Reversal Kit

NiteDog

Anybody ever use one of these? I was told the really improve handling and ride, as well as increase articulation. If so I'm guessing the SYE is definitely in order for the additional 2" over the 4 I already have. :?:

Link to Kit

i would think an SYE would be a good idea for 6" of lift.

AS far as shackle reversal. i know nothing.

Let us know a little more about what you want your jeep to do. Shackle reversal yeilds better ride on street and faster type offroading, but with slow flexy wheeling, shackles on the front of the spring work better. with shackles on the front, as the tire moves up it also moves forward a little, puting pressure on the tire (better traction).with the shackle on the back of the spring, the tire moves up and back, unloading pressure from the tire (less traction)

its all about personal off road style though. shackle reversal can be good in many ways or bad in many way

I don't have a kit per se, but have been shackle reversed for years. I fabricated the brackets and made my own kit. I think it handles better. I don't know about the lift they say you get. I guess it all depends on length and location of the brackets. I did my reversal at the same time I made a new bumper and stretched the wheelbase.
image-missing.png

With the width of the bumper and the forward projecting hangers, I am stretched 9" in the front.

I am thinkin', I may just hold of on this until I do the SYE and CV shaft upgrade. One project at a time. My favorite "Right Seater" will just have to put up with riding the 'basketball' a little longer.

thanks guys for your input.:)

Installing a SRS has nothing to do with needing a SYE, the SRS will only affect ride height in the front.

I wouldn't do a SRS unless your only concern was improving the onroad ride and weren't worried about how the jeep performed offroad.

If you're worried about the ride, are your springs overly stiff? Or are the shocks too harsh?

Bounty__Hunter said:
If you're worried about the ride, are your springs overly stiff? Or are the shocks too harsh?

shackle bolts too tight?

The lift itself has settled out, I don't mind the ride. I was thinking the shocks were a little harsh. Did the recommended recheck on the hardware after about 500 miles everything seems ok.

The kit I was lookin at lifts front and rear additional 2".

Link to Kit

Last edited:

Looks like the only lift for the rear in that kit is longer shackles.

I wouldn't hang shackles from the stock leaf hangers like that SRS kit does, the proper method is to cut and sleeve the frame similar to how your rear shackles are mounted. This will keep the shackles up out of harms way, and will allow your front spring hangers to be up higher, and it doesn't as if it's Billy-Bob'd together.

Back